1/6 Sideshow Marvel Comic Book Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moon Knight's the MAN. The amount you want a Moon Knight figure? I want him double that amount.
(sory for the late reply) Oh yeah?! Well, I want him TRIPLE that amount.

Seriously now, I'd love to get some villain figures. Classic Green Goblin, Pimping Baron Zemo, Dormammu, Mephisto, Kang, High Evolutionary, Carnage, just bring on the bad guys!

Oh and also,I have to go with Doom. I mean, it's a known fact that Hawkeye wears cowls and has a metal arm 90% of the time, but I just have this feeling....

I hope to see
Moon Knight
Nomad
Daredevil
Elektra
Rogue-from the 90's with the leather jacket
Gambit-Same era
Colossus
Nightcrawler
Kitty Pride
Cyclops

I just hope they stick with this line and not flake on it.

So realistically what characters are likely to be produced from this? It's not gonna last forever so I only expect the real popular characters to be made to begin with. Wolverine, Deadpool, Spiderman, Dr. Doom and Iron Man are confirmed. I would assume some of these to follow if the line is successful, but lesser known/unpopular characters won't be made. Also not sure Sideshow would make special bodies for characters like Hulk, Thing, Apocalypse etc.

Heroes: Cap, Thor, Cyclops, Fantastic Four(?), Charles Xavier

Villains: Loki, Magneto, Green Goblin
(maybe Ultron & Thanos based on popularity from MCU but both would need custom bodies)

I would hope they would do some sort of X-MEN line.
The question is what version would you want the Giant Size X-Men style or the X-Men #1 style,or what they look like now?
Plus I would hope Sideshow would do figures of characters that haven't been made yet.

Attachments

• giant-size-x-men-cover.jpg
    giant-size-x-men-cover.jpg
    573.9 KB · Views: 240
  • X-Men_1.jpg
    X-Men_1.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 219
I'd love a Magik. Modern, Darkchylde, Classic whatever. Though modern would be my preferred version (what? Her new costume is crazy hot!). What I wouldn't give for a new Supernatural book with Moon Knight, Magik and the Doctors (Strange and Doom). Sigh....

I expect them to take at least a year to release the figures they've shown. And expect them never to release the figures most people have never heard of, like Moon Knight and some others mentioned, including one of my all-time favs Longshot. Appropriate name for the likelihood of release.

I expect them to take at least a year to release the figures they've shown. And expect them never to release the figures most people have never heard of, like Moon Knight and some others mentioned, including one of my all-time favs Longshot. Appropriate name for the likelihood of release.

I disagree. Marvel has proven to be a money pit for Hot Toys, with now proper 1/6 Marvel Comic figures on the market, Sideshow will be swimming in cash as long as the style/look stays true to comic fashion.

They realized that with the popular 1/6 DC line, and have already showed off 2 more figures ( Flash/Green Lantern). I assume both DC and Marvel 1/6 will be a long, rich line.

I disagree. Marvel has proven to be a money pit for Hot Toys, with now proper 1/6 Marvel Comic figures on the market, Sideshow will be swimming in cash as long as the style/look stays true to comic fashion.

They realized that with the popular 1/6 DC line, and have already showed off 2 more figures ( Flash/Green Lantern). I assume both DC and Marvel 1/6 will be a long, rich line.

I agree.

I disagree.

But that doesn't mean I'm wrong. Sideshow never ships a figure immediately after putting it up for sale, let alone imminently after previewing it. So consider that Wolverine was the first product shown and then disclaimed rather obviously to be an early prototype. None of this adds up to releases this year. *MAYBE* next summer something will hit collector's hands, but thinking otherwise is just being wishful IMO.

I can seethe visiting all the core well-known characters the same way they're being visited in the movies, but I don't expect to see fringe characters, even if they're well liked. Your example of DC is perfect - they're only doing CORE characters.

The Marvel 1/6 line was my favorite Sideshow announcement, but let's be realistic - it's gong to take time to release the figures previewed, longer still for those teased - collectors don't usually show it, but need patience - this is a long game.

Last edited:
But that doesn't mean I'm wrong. Sideshow never ships a figure immediately after putting it up for sale, let alone imminently after previewing it. So consider that Wolverine was the first product shown and then disclaimed rather obviously to be an early prototype. None of this adds up to releases this year. *MAYBE* next summer something will hit collector's hands, but thinking otherwise is just being wishful IMO.

I can seethe visiting all the core well-known characters the same way they're being visited in the movies, but I don't expect to see fringe characters, even if they're well liked. Your example of DC is perfect - they're only doing CORE characters.

I expect Wolverine, Deadpool, and Punisher to be released by October 2015.
Core characters are all definite. However, I see Sideshow taking risks. For DC, I'd like Deadshot, Batgirl, Batwoman, Wonderwoman, Bane, Ivy, Lex Luthor... Plus some more so B list characters.
For Marvel, I have listed about 20 through out this thread. Honestly, there isn't a wrong choice. Deadpool alone could be rereleased in a X-Force suit. Wolverine could be rereleased in his blue/yellow/black and black/silver outfit. The possibilities are endless. I think this comic series, be it DC or Marvel, needs to be taken to the extreme. Comic style Gaurdians. Throw them all at the fans. Maybe some of the Hot toys money will change course and start flowing towards Sideshow.

I don't doubt for a second that Sideshow make far more money than Hot Toys. Other than that, October is more than a year away, so I still don't know what you felt you disagreed with from my first post. Licensing doesn't unfortunately give the licensee the ability to print money. ;) As the DC line has indicated, the Marvel line will probably be quite focused. Which is fine, because no one wants a ton of product going into the landfill. Neither DC nor Marvel are Star Wars. No one is going to buy a DC/Marvel equivalent of a Cantina alien.

So don't set yourself up too much for disappointment. That's about the only thing that's guaranteed - someone will always be disappointed.

Back