1/6 Sideshow Marvel Comic Book Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I expect them to take at least a year to release the figures they've shown. And expect them never to release the figures most people have never heard of, like Moon Knight and some others mentioned.
Agree.

Marvel has proven to be a money pit for Hot Toys
Movie figures aren't comic book figures.
They sells well cuz casual moviegoers are into those movies and not comics.

popular 1/6 DC line
And how exactly can anyone assume that? G.I. Joe line seemed "very popular" with more and more stuff announced every year but today we know for sure that those figures weren't good sellers at all and the line is on hiatus.

I'm pretty sure the ratio of comic readers who watch these movies compared to the ratio of "casual" moviegoers who watch these movies is still pretty different, even if not substantially different.

Agree.

Movie figures aren't comic book figures.
They sells well cuz casual moviegoers are into those movies and not comics.

And how exactly can anyone assume that? G.I. Joe line seemed "very popular" with more and more stuff announced every year but today we know for sure that those figures weren't good sellers at all and the line is on hiatus.

I know Movie figures are separate from Comic figures. But the average movie goer doesn't purchase high end figures. Also, comic movies are heavily seen by comic fans. They also attract new fans that then, turn to the characters comic history this sparking new followers.

As far as the DC figures popularity next to Gi Joe. There is one exclusive figure still in stock for DC ( Superman) as a posed to GI Joe where they have multiple Exclusives still available. Yes, All DC characters are still instock , some low quantity, but their sales have justified less popular characters like Flash and Green Lantern. When I say less popular, I mean up against DC front runners like We have available now.

So yes, I feel comic inspired Marvel figures will sell just as well as Marvel Movie based figures. This will be a cash cow for Sideshow.

Should be going up in next few weeks according to Alex

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I'm greatly anticipating these!!!!
Let's hope they will turn out great! Especially to scale - ie a correct sized Wolverine etc.

I hope SSC can take a look at these customs for inspiration. These are taken by triton from OSW and are from this years FAMCON 2014. I don't know who the customizer is, but I'm sure someone will chime in.

It shows these figures can be done very well!

121325ozn80bvwzuj8nmru.jpg

121327jaw8882iatj1rz2e.jpg

121336j8upn1n3k6wo1337.jpg

121350k55bf0102tfb5h51.jpg

121354c1wj9hiz6klkihhj.jpg

121554s5o2kpv6srs4zl1l.jpg

121812uim077ec6uc0d760.jpg

Holy **** those are awesome. Love the cowl-less Wolvie sculpt and the Deadpools look ****ing sick too

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

this is exactly what I want Sideshow . NO interpretations NO leather/pleather NO baggy jump suits
but tight spandex/lycra scale bodies straight out of the comics

this is exactly what I want Sideshow . NO interpretations NO leather/pleather NO baggy jump suits
but tight spandex/lycra scale bodies straight out of the comics

team-america-puking-up-a-storm.jpg

Comics characters didn't wear lycra, they wore ink on newsprint. ;)

Back