Sideshow Making 20"+ Movie Optimus Prime Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont know how this didnt enter into anyones brain at SS, technically hes got more light up parts than IM would....hes a truck for god sakes. I hope they fired the guy that made that decision before they let him work on any Tron products :gah:

Chris

:slap HAHA, keep him away from Tron!

I'm a crazy diehard fan of Optimus, but - what pinstripes are you talking about?

Has anyone seen this piece in person to inspect just how accurate it is?

from 30,000 down to 7,000 is a big jump in asset numbers, and I'm very concerned about the accuracy in the head and finer details...

The eyes and lights SHOULD be led - for 1200 - and the piece SHOULD be metal....the tires should be rubber...The Blades SHOULD not be limited to the EX...

I was a little bothered by the very poor quality of the preview photos...
Dark and tiny - kinda fearful that it was to hide the detail that isn't there...

I almost wish i could buy the .obj file instead, and print it myself -

I'm not bashing the hard work that has gone into it. I'm sure this is VERY labor intensive....

just say'n

I saw this at SDCC and was dissapointed. I dont think its more polystone with some metal highlights. I cant remember if the tires were rubber but I dont think they were. First things I noticed were that the parts didnt look seperated but rather continuous ie if there is a cyclinder I want it to look like it was created and painted seperately then attached. I also felt he looked much skinner and thinner than the movie interpretation. It doesnt surprise me at all to see it listed at only 8lbs. I did like the height and the cannons were impressive also. There really should be lights and lots of them!

Atheris666: Thanks for clearing up the "pin stripe" issue. I have yet to see a clear enough image of the piece to know that the flames were not movie accurate. Unfortunate...

nemenforcer: THANK YOU! I was very worried that I might drop 1200 on a piece that left alot to be desired.

Not that I wouldn't drop 1200 for an amazing Optimus. The GF is FAR from thrilled that I'm willing to put up that kinda money on a "Toy". I've argued that it's the perfect replica - and now I'm wearing egg.

I was sold on the piece believing that the final was going to be 100% movie accurate. I was very hopeful.

What ticks me off is that so much is made of Star Wars merch and LOTR merch. I completely understand that there is a HUGE fanbase for both. We all know that the net is built in 4 parts - Star Wars/Star Trek/LOTR/ and Pron.

But still....WTF ? A limited run of 650 pieces and they can't make it what it should be? They were handed the .obj file and they can't produce an exact replica of the thing?

I agree with the necessity of the pin stripes - but I'd go further.
It should be a perfectly scaled replica from the file - period.

I don't know that we need another PF Luke/Leia/Vader etc...
Who really wants more Arnold or Ironman Busts? Variety please!

They should pay some more mind to the TF fans and offer the Ultimate Optimus - made of chromed metal, brass, Glass, plastic LED's and rubber. it should have poseable optics and arms wrists fingers!

and the EX? The EX should be Prime and Jetfire combined. That's an EX. That makes it special. Make 50 total. Make it a headline.

And Optimus should be 32 inches - to make him a 1/12 scale (1/6th might be a bit ridiculous ;)

There, I've had my rant. I still love Sideshow, just not feeling the love back -thats all...

Let them delay it,they have more details to add :)

Does anyone know if Sideshow covers the shipping cost for a possible return if this should arrive broken?
Only experience ive had with Sideshow are my Turtles and their broken bandana's which was no issue for Sideshow at all,they just sent you a new one.

Est. Ship Date: May 2011 :(

Oh, well. That gives me more time to save up money but at the same time, you've got to wonder now, if SS will have it out before Transformers 3 comes out in early July. I'm smelling a big delay coming.

the most important is that sideshow gives us an optimus prime which is worth his high price , don't care if i have to wait a few months more

Let them delay it,they have more details to add :)

Does anyone know if Sideshow covers the shipping cost for a possible return if this should arrive broken?
Only experience ive had with Sideshow are my Turtles and their broken bandana's which was no issue for Sideshow at all,they just sent you a new one.

If it arrives broken and you want a replacement (or a refund because they have no replacements), they'll pay for the shipping both ways.

I think the only time you'll pay for return shipping is if it arrives intact, you don't like it, and just want a refund.

I'd actually love to have them add lighting to the thing along with adding the white pinstripes, Autobot insignia and the Cybertronian writing and patterns. If that could happen, I'd wait another year.

Why are there so few people excited about this product? Where are the die hard fans?

Is anyone else making an Optimus Prime that has this kind of detail (besides the pop box version)?

Last edited:
I think people are tired of waiting...

I for one don't mind the waiting but then again, you're absolutely right. This was announced way, way back in 2009 and it's going to be damn near 2 years (or more) before anyone gets it. So yeah, that really is a long, long time to wait. I would hope that SS throws us a bone in the form of some new pictures and/or videos showing the production model Optimus with the white pinstripes and Autobot and Cybertronian insignias.

Im going to be cancelling the EX I got on order tomorrow. Will be giving SS hell over it to get my $250 back. Just returned my 7th piece today I got in the mail over a 2 month period. Im so pissed right now I cant explain it. Im not even going to bother getting this POS. I KNOW its going to show up with a million deffects and QC issues. I really dont feel like going through the returns process one more time nor fight Canada customs to get my money back from them ether. If anyone wants this piece before I cancel it PM me.

Chris

Why are there so few people excited about this product? Where are the die hard fans?

Is anyone else making an Optimus Prime that has this kind of detail (besides the pop box version)?

Its expensive and has a low edition size. Naturally, there is a smaller base.

Im going to be cancelling the EX I got on order tomorrow. Will be giving SS hell over it to get my $250 back. Just returned my 7th piece today I got in the mail over a 2 month period. Im so pissed right now I cant explain it. Im not even going to bother getting this POS. I KNOW its going to show up with a million deffects and QC issues. I really dont feel like going through the returns process one more time nor fight Canada customs to get my money back from them ether. If anyone wants this piece before I cancel it PM me.

Chris

That sucks,im not a 100% sure if i want to keep my order either because of the defects,and it looks damn fragile,might break somewhere on the way.

Back