Sideshow Making 20"+ Movie Optimus Prime Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is in sideshow interest to make this one perfect :lecture . Shipping costs would not be nice for them if there are .. well as long as it actually is heavier than 8lbs :lol

It is always in a company's interest to make things perfect,but this is Sideshow,we all know there will be problems with such an advanced piece.i would imagine this would be a pain in the ass to paint so i know the paintjob will be kinda messy in the most difficult tight areas.

Optimus is alot harder to paint than IM because of the more difficult design.
I have still plenty of time to decide,first...i hope they add the pin stripes but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen.

I don't think its negativity at all. Hell, we're not paranoid enough. We're paying over a thousand dollars for something that should be damn near flawless. And that's what I've said in a lot of previous posts about SS quality control or lack there of. The Avatar AMP Suit and the Mark VI IM maquette have got me seriously wondering that once I get this piece, will I have to pay another fortune to ship it back to SS for a replacement. If that happens, I doubt if I'll buy from them again. I'm in it for the long haul on this piece but I'm being cautious too.

I asked them earlier about the Pin Stripes that i have been crying about ever since the pics were revealed.They answered me just now on their Facebook page.

Their Answer:
We expect to have images of the final product in early February. Keep an eye out for more info in our newsletter and on our FB fan page.

I will have my fingers crossed.

I asked them earlier about the Pin Stripes that i have been crying about ever since the pics were revealed.They answered me just now on their Facebook page.

Their Answer:
We expect to have images of the final product in early February. Keep an eye out for more info in our newsletter and on our FB fan page.

I'm a crazy diehard fan of Optimus, but - what pinstripes are you talking about?

Has anyone seen this piece in person to inspect just how accurate it is?

from 30,000 down to 7,000 is a big jump in asset numbers, and I'm very concerned about the accuracy in the head and finer details...

The eyes and lights SHOULD be led - for 1200 - and the piece SHOULD be metal....the tires should be rubber...The Blades SHOULD not be limited to the EX...

I was a little bothered by the very poor quality of the preview photos...
Dark and tiny - kinda fearful that it was to hide the detail that isn't there...

I almost wish i could buy the .obj file instead, and print it myself -

I'm not bashing the hard work that has gone into it. I'm sure this is VERY labor intensive....

just say'n

I'm a crazy diehard fan of Optimus, but - what pinstripes are you talking about?

Has anyone seen this piece in person to inspect just how accurate it is?

from 30,000 down to 7,000 is a big jump in asset numbers, and I'm very concerned about the accuracy in the head and finer details...

The eyes and lights SHOULD be led - for 1200 - and the piece SHOULD be metal....the tires should be rubber...The Blades SHOULD not be limited to the EX...

I was a little bothered by the very poor quality of the preview photos...
Dark and tiny - kinda fearful that it was to hide the detail that isn't there...

I almost wish i could buy the .obj file instead, and print it myself -

I'm not bashing the hard work that has gone into it. I'm sure this is VERY labor intensive....

just say'n

It is a huge piss off that they didnt put a light up feature in this thing. If they could do it for a $500 Iron man statue they sure as hell should have done it for a $1200 piece :cuckoo:

But I agree, im expecting very poor detail in the piece once it arrives. The one thing I think they will get right though is the base.....how hard can that be?. No way they would do something stupid like spell their name wrong or something.........wait a minute (thinks back to Hulk Comiquette) :slap

Chris

It is a huge piss off that they didnt put a light up feature in this thing. If they could do it for a $500 Iron man statue they sure as hell should have done it for a $1200 piece :cuckoo:

But I agree, im expecting very poor detail in the piece once it arrives. The one thing I think they will get right though is the base.....how hard can that be?. No way they would do something stupid like spell their name wrong or something.........wait a minute (thinks back to Hulk Comiquette) :slap

Chris

I wouldn't think it would be much harder to add that to Optimus Prime than Iron Man either.A presentation of Optimus like this is something i have been waiting for for a long time and it does look awesome,near perfect and i think they will add details we have been asking for,but no lights is what make people have second thoughts about this one,including me,1200$ is ALOT of money,plus shipping,plus custom fees.

But again -

What pinstripes?

In the movie Optimus has "white" pinstripes around the flames.

transformers_2_optimus_prime_2.jpg

Chris

Their Answer:

Good deal. Can't wait to see them. And like everyone else here, this piece not having any lights is a travesty.

Sideshow should make the EX light up to make up for screwing over collectors on the edition size on this.

Dont know how this didnt enter into anyones brain at SS, technically hes got more light up parts than IM would....hes a truck for god sakes. I hope they fired the guy that made that decision before they let him work on any Tron products :gah:

Chris

Back