Sideshow Life Size Darth Vader Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least SS puts products out continually! I'm just not super picky and rarely unsatisfied with there products.
I have the Vader Bust in boxes still; need to move my MR falcon to make room! Really what I am saying is I need a remodel in the Star Wars room!!! Wife has already Approved!!! :yess:

Hah! I'm trying to talk my fiance into letting me have the guest room along with my office lol. Not going over well so far.

I already passed on the offer I had.

But you guys should really talk to someone about this battered spouse syndrome you have developed with Sideshow.

It's the same few guys. Lol. I wish I had the time to post about statues I don't like all day long. :p

The Mythos line is probably the best Star Wars line out there.

Darth Vader: Great statue with multiple switchouts. Incorrect arm was corrected by Sideshow. No issue there.
Kenobi: Highly detailed statue with great switchouts. "Lean" intended or not looks awesome. Had mine for a few years, no issues.
Maul: Weakest of the bunch. Well done, but pales in comparison just because the others are so fantastic.
Fett: Best fully sculpted statue of Fett around. Better than the Xm in my eyes. Bent gun? Meh, maybe a bit? Who cares?

Darth Vader Bust: Looks great. My buddy has the original and it's amazing!

Hmm, looking at this thread is making me want the original Vader bust... I wouldn't even use the dome or face mask though, just the Shaw portrait. Probably not the best idea :lol

And while we're all discussing Sideshow, I'll mention once again that SS sent me an Obi-Wan Mythos statue that was so poorly constructed, the foot peg didn't even come close to fitting into the base. Had to dremel the hell out of the base to get it in, and if I remember right SS offered me something like 20 bucks in credit for the issue. Ridiculous.

I'm actually the opposite. I hated Shaw as Vader so I would never want to display that head on it. The mythos statue did a good job of making the shaw head look less "Generic schlubby 80s dad".

It's funny but I don't think the bust looks anything like Shaw. :) It seems to be its own entity.

I think I'll always regret not getting that 1st bust with the Shaw head, but would've just sat in the box for ages like most of my stuff. :(

It's not a perfect Shaw likeness, but then the helmet itself is far from perfect or accurate also. I like it because there's nothing else out there that's quite like it (there's the IC but the Shaw head on that looks terrible to me, as does the helmet.) As far as a Vader helmet and chest armor in bust form, I'd go with a Quasimodo over one of these any day.

In looking up these today though, it seems the old version sells for $1600+, so I guess it's an easy pass.

Hmm, looking at this thread is making me want the original Vader bust... I wouldn't even use the dome or face mask though, just the Shaw portrait. Probably not the best idea :lol

And while we're all discussing Sideshow, I'll mention once again that SS sent me an Obi-Wan Mythos statue that was so poorly constructed, the foot peg didn't even come close to fitting into the base. Had to dremel the hell out of the base to get it in, and if I remember right SS offered me something like 20 bucks in credit for the issue. Ridiculous.

WOW! That's exactly how mine arrived. The foot peg was waaaaay bigger than the hole in the base, and they offered me a measly credit to keep it too.

WOW! That's exactly how mine arrived. The foot peg was waaaaay bigger than the hole in the base, and they offered me a measly credit to keep it too.

Ughh, sorry to hear that someone else had the same issue... Did you eventually get it slotted? I got mine to go in eventually after several rounds of dremeling, though it was still a tight fit and I wasn't able to get it all the way down, so if I look close I can still see a tiny bit of the brown peg below Kenobi'a black boot sole. Not noticeable to most but it will always bug me.

Worst part is, I'm pretty sure the foot isn't ever coming out of there now without breaking. I'm not one to sell my pieces but it's annoying that it'll be a huge pain should I ever need to move it. The Kenobi mythos and the comparatively small (but still unacceptable) issues I had with my sixth scale biker scout/speeder are why I'm done with Sideshow.

Ughh, sorry to hear that someone else had the same issue... Did you eventually get it slotted? I got mine to go in eventually after several rounds of dremeling, though it was still a tight fit and I wasn't able to get it all the way down, so if I look close I can still see a tiny bit of the brown peg below Kenobi'a black boot sole. Not noticeable to most but it will always bug me.

Worst part is, I'm pretty sure the foot isn't ever coming out of there now without breaking. I'm not one to sell my pieces but it's annoying that it'll be a huge pain should I ever need to move it. The Kenobi mythos and the comparatively small (but still unacceptable) issues I had with my sixth scale biker scout/speeder are why I'm done with Sideshow.

Yeah, like you I got it to go most of the way in. I don't own any proper tools, so I just chipped away at the hole with a screwdriver and hammer! :lol I've had so many statues turn up from Sideshow that don't fit in the base properly and they have never offered me a replacement. Just recently my Sandtrooper PF had a gap under the foot because the peg hole was uneven. I sent photos to them and they replied with "Upon taking a look your pictures and comparing them to a few pieces we have on hand, I’m happy to confirm that your figure appears normal!" They said individual variation blah blah. But I'm sick of it honestly, so I sent it back. The gap was bothering me, and I don't want to have to "fix" any more of my statues with a hammer and screwdriver.

1 IMG_1438.JPG

2 IMG_1478.JPG

I just got a sweet deal off of eBay for this to go with my Vader PF. Really like having bust and PF side by side when possible. Had the last version of the bust which I ended up selling since I was able to make decent profit and never displayed the unmasked portrait.

Last edited:
I've always dreamed of having a full size Vader bust, but as the 1st edition is almost $2k with a "useless for me" portrait, seing this 2nd edition was a perfect match... except with our crappy $CAD...

Been patient... and found this on local classified ad with an offer I couldn't refuse.
hdn2.jpg

Back