Sideshow Life Size Darth Vader Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giphy.webp

So the first Vader bust was the one with the unmask option, the second one is the $999 which curretly is up at the Sideshow website?? Just making sure.

And if so, can anyone tell me the exact differences of the busts (obviously besides the first version with the unmasking options). Is this version more detailed or something?

So the first Vader bust was the one with the unmask option, the second one is the $999 which curretly is up at the Sideshow website?? Just making sure.

And if so, can anyone tell me the exact differences of the busts (obviously besides the first version with the unmasking options). Is this version more detailed or something?

Anyone :p ??

Anyone :p ??

From my understanding the new bust is a completely different sculpt. The dome seems more accurate but it's still a stylized interpretation of Vader.

If anything, it's significantly less detailed. The Anakain portrait is the best thing about the previous bust IMO. With that, you get the displayable helmet, stand and all of the greeblies on the collar and inside the mouth.

From my understanding the new bust is a completely different sculpt. The dome seems more accurate but it's still a stylized interpretation of Vader.

If anything, it's significantly less detailed. The Anakain portrait is the best thing about the previous bust IMO. With that, you get the displayable helmet, stand and all of the greeblies on the collar and inside the mouth.

What makes you say "significantly less detailed"? Or do you mean the extra Anakin portrait.

What makes you say "significantly less detailed"? Or do you mean the extra Anakin portrait.

Well, with the portrait mounted on the bust, you get all of the detail on the on the collar and inside mouth ie. microphones etc. If you do a Google search you'll see this.

I don’t understand why they ditched the second sculpt.

Was it I’m not profitable for them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems so.

The Anakin portrait displayed with the helmet components on the side is really the only Star Wars piece that has caught my eye, hoping they re-issue it as their second version just looks like cheap plastic with a black cloth.

Apologies for poor lighting and iPhone camera but you get the idea. Its a nice bust but obviously accuracy isn't all it could be. The cape is made of a thicker "plasticy"material. Nice addition though.
View attachment 288932View attachment 288933View attachment 288937View attachment 288938

Hi, yes I know I am quoting an old post but, is the left Vader bust the second (meaning without unmask option) released SS bust? Thesame as the ones shown on these random YT vids?

*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MriAymPuM7Q
*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypwb5oPBHog

Other question that popped up, is this Vader bust (meaning the one posted by OP on page 1), from Episode IV, V or VI specifically??

Other question that popped up, is this Vader bust (meaning the one posted by OP on page 1), from Episode IV, V or VI specifically??

They are not really intended to be a specific Vader 100%, they are idealized, both the old Vader bust with Anakin head, and the new one. They are closer to ROTJ though.

Back