Sideshow Life Size Darth Vader Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Life size busts are a niche collector market. You're not gonna get the thread traffic of pfs and 1/6 figures.

probably not as much, no. but this is vader. vader transcends all normal boundaries of collecting. also, the original bust drew a lot of convo.

i guess all the people that really wanted this, already own that one...:dunno

probably not as much, no. but this is vader. vader transcends all normal boundaries of collecting. also, the original bust drew a lot of convo.

i guess all the people that really wanted this, already own that one...:dunno

Sorry can't really review because this is my first bust and I don't have any room to display !
Ordered because the pics looked awesome, Vader . And the bust out of box in person is even better ! Soon I will do the shelving remodel in my room and pics will follow.
Unprepaired !!!

what is quasimodo set?

A helmet and chest armor, put together they could be made in the fashion of a bust:

bust6_zpsfacd3a71.jpg

Life size busts are a niche collector market. You're not gonna get the thread traffic of pfs and 1/6 figures.

this is pretty true

It's a Quasimodo, with chest armor by the same maker. The RPF or various other forums have more info. Really nice fan-made helmets.

Quasimodo are very nice, but I believe, they're less prop replicas and more sculpted interpretation of what Vader looked like in ANH/ESB/ROTJ. There are other helmets that have lineage to the actual props if that's what you're looking for.

Needless to say the Quasimodo products are very well done in my opinion and I've looked into getting one.

what Helmet is that? is that the new eFX or the original eFX legend?

edit: the more i look, that doesn't look like either one perhaps....

ha

in efx dreams

Quasimodo are very nice, but I believe, they're less prop replicas and more sculpted interpretation of what Vader looked like in ANH/ESB/ROTJ. There are other helmets that have lineage to the actual props if that's what you're looking for.

Needless to say the Quasimodo products are very well done in my opinion and I've looked into getting one.

They don't have lineage like an SL, but IMO you'd be hard pressed to find problems and they look great. Also it's for a good cause :p

Quasimodo and Darth Ugly are not 100% accurate, but they look more accurate than other items that don't have screen used lineage. For example there is no comparison between them and any of the Sideshow Vader busts.

Even if you liked the concept I wouldn't have faith in the company that put out the Mythos :p First off this Vader bust is nothing like the Mythos that didn't exist before. They didn't make up a concept they are reproducing (with relative accuracy) something from the movie. In terms of the production every single Mythos (except possibly the guard, no idea about him) had some pretty serious production issues. If you want to put your faith behind leaning obi-wans that came with a missing hilt or poorly casted fetts with elongated necks and warped blaster rifles be my guest. SS has far better examples of them not doing a **** job :p

If that's your rationale, you should really buy this Vader bust then. Good luck.

I already passed on the offer I had.

But you guys should really talk to someone about this battered spouse syndrome you have developed with Sideshow.

I already passed on the offer I had.

But you guys should really talk to someone about this battered spouse syndrome you have developed with Sideshow.

At least SS puts products out continually! I'm just not super picky and rarely unsatisfied with there products.
I have the Vader Bust in boxes still; need to move my MR falcon to make room! Really what I am saying is I need a remodel in the Star Wars room!!! Wife has already Approved!!! :yess:

Back