SIDESHOW - IRON MAN Mark 1 Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: IRON MAN Mark 1 Maquette

The arm pits on the right arm doesn't look right, seems like an unnatural and awkward gap.

So SS needs to fix the Gap in between the arm/body (armpit).. and the face.

We should get these fixes at this Price!!!!

it looks like the ht version has more bulk to it. the ss version looks like he's been on a diet.:lol

would have to watch the film again to see which one is more accurate.

I like it, I am picky but evidently not that picky. For the work that went into making this and the no doubt high cost of the license I think $400 is a very reasonable price.

I like it, I am picky but evidently not that picky. For the work that went into making this and the no doubt high cost of the license I think $400 is a very reasonable price.

I agree. After all I said on page #52, I do think that detail and amount of work that went into it does justify the price. You guys might disagree with me but I have worked with sculptors and that is a thing it is taking in consideration. Again, I think the likeness will be fixed and I do think Hot toys looks better but I could not pass such an amazing sculpture. It will most likely be at Comic Con next year and we can all then make a better judgment.

If you don't like, hey, don't get it. I will and I'm pretty sure I won't regret it....

No light up effect, no change-o-head or hand... base too simple...
everything... it's just not worth $400 for this piece..

I've pre-ordered it, after thinking twice, feel like going to cancel now..

I agree. After all I said on page #52, I do think that detail and amount of work that went into it does justify the price. You guys might disagree with me but I have worked with sculptors and that is a thing it is taking in consideration. Again, I think the likeness will be fixed and I do think Hot toys looks better but I could not pass such an amazing sculpture. It will most likely be at Comic Con next year and we can all then make a better judgment.

If you don't like, hey, don't get it. I will and I'm pretty sure I won't regret it....

oh yeah, i will most likely get it, if things work out for me. it's a lot easier for ht to get a 12" figure more accurate than a 24" figure. and the $400 price tag i think is in the right area, since there must of been like 100+ molds needs to make this bad boy. i just hope ss does a proper job of packaging this one or there's going to be alot of returns.

No light up effect, no change-o-head or hand... base too simple...
everything... it's just not worth $400 for this piece..

I've pre-ordered it, after thinking twice, feel like going to cancel now..

There will be a light up effect. The prototype doesn't show but it was confirmed it will be there. Change-o-head? if you open the visor on the exclusive, you'll have a totally different look. The same as changing the head....and I like the base. not too much so it doesn't take away from the sculpture itself....

I think the detail is there, its head sclupt of JD and the pose that really kills the piece. SS may tweak the face. but theres no way they'll go back and redo the pose. Sorry for me the pose is very weak. It looks like that suit can barely stand. It doesnt look grounded to the base.

It almost gives me the impression a 3 year old could run up and push the whole then over.

What the hell am i talking about?
Look at HULK PF. about the same size and mass but look at how andy GROUNDED the statue.

Does it bother you guys that you can't see his eyes thru the mask? It looks like they have blacked out the eye openings..Look at the pics and you'll see what I mean...

Last edited:

I am very excited about this piece the price doesnt throw me off either... i mean the hot toys is great and all but that is 200 bucks for an action figure that is 7 inches smaller no light up feature like the ss piece as well.... all in all you get what you pay for with both i think.

I am very excited about this piece the price doesnt throw me off either... i mean the hot toys is great and all but that is 200 bucks for an action figure that is 7 inches smaller no light up feature like the ss piece as well.... all in all you get what you pay for with both i think.

Just a correction. HotToys IM mark I has a light up feature. Actually two if you count the little red light on the arm...

See another issue is the HT Mark I has almost the same level of detail.. and real cloth. This Mark I is only 18" ;)

The SS piece light up?:confused:(I have note read this thread thoroughly but it doen't say anything about lights on the SS page)

The SS piece light up?:confused:(I have note read this thread thoroughly but it doen't say anything about lights on the SS page)

yeah it lights up. it's right in the description.

The latest to join Sideshow's line of Marvel collectibles is the Iron Man Mark I Maquette. Each piece is hand cast in highest quality polystone, hand finished to Sideshow's exacting standard and enhanced with real wire hoses. The center of the chest will feature working light-up feature, replicating the 'heart' of Tony Stark. Perfectly capturing Tony Stark's first generation of Iron Man armor, this is the definitive Mark I collectible, a stunning representation of Old Shell Head as seen in the 2008 blockbuster film

And we wonder why Sideshow VP's don't visit us anymore. :angelsmil
Don't they? I haven't noticed their absents. Besides, even if they are not visually here, you can bet your life on it they do come here to read. This board is the best market research tool they have at their disposition, and it's completely free too!!!!! Other companies pay tens of thousands to get this kind of information you know. SSC would be foolish to not use the info here, no matter how much love or hate they get.

Back