SIDESHOW - IRON MAN Mark 1 Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: IRON MAN Mark 1 Maquette

The Mark 01 Maquette looks like a cartoonist version you'd see in TV Guide or so. I have faith it'll change by the time it ships.

Its getting hard for me to choose one!!! HT or SS?

They both look good
but SS is pricey and bigger.

attachment.php

who ever made the middle guy, I will buy that one.

SS of course. I don't play with figures... I like to own statues.

Buy what makes you happy.

Its getting hard for me to choose one!!! HT or SS?

They both look good
but SS is pricey and bigger.

attachment.php

Too lazy to read all the posts... but he looks like Jeremy Irons.

jeremy_irons.jpg

Is it because its a Maquette that the likeness is off?

...of course he is going to look haggard...he built that thing in a F'n cave...prolly with little food...OMG

Sosa!

You are the man. I can only imagine how hard it is to hear so many people saying how bad IM looks. But I have to give you credit not only for the sculpt, but how nice and diplomatic you have been responding to people about it. You are a true gentleman.

Like I said before, I love the detail on that. It is amazing and I don't care it is 100% accurate. You look at it and you know it is Iron Man Mark I. I don't have to compare side by side with stills from the movie. That's crazy. You did a splendid job. Yeah, I would like RDJ likeness to be as good as Hot Toy's one, but it does say 'PROTOTYPE" on the page and now that Sideshow has competition, I'm sure they will make it look much better before it starts to ship.

$400 bucks?? Too much??? Come on....it is more expensive than you average Premium Format but LOOK AT IT!!!!! Can you guys see the amount of detail that thing has????? I've never seen anything more detailed than that. AND IT WILL LIGHT UP!!!!!

Some people, you know......:rolleyes2

Sosa, thank you for an amazing sculpture. I ordered even before looking at it. It is more than a maquette. In my humble opinion, it is a true piece of art.

Cheers ;)

errmmm..... $400 is kind of a bad price at that. I expect a lot of cancellations, myself included.

Compaired to your average PF $380 (Nonex) - $400 (Ex) isnt THAT bad. I was expecting this to be much higher being that it was a Maquette. But I never said I was getting it :lol.

$400 bucks?? Too much??? Come on....it is more expensive than you average Premium Format but LOOK AT IT!!!!! Can you guys see the amount of detail that thing has????? I've never seen anything more detailed than that. AND IT WILL LIGHT UP!!!!!

I don't think detail justifies a higher price, just as I refuse to belive that more accessories for 12" figures are the reason for higher prices. If you look around you'll find many high end 12" figures that have tons and tons of accessories - HT military, need I say more? - and still they are cheaper than most other top 12" figures that come with less stuff (or even with non like Medicom!!). Now compare the price for these HT military figures to the new SSC 12" figure prices (Indiana Jones, Clone Obi, Lara Croft, ...) and tell me who's over-pricing?
The $400 for the IM 1 Maquette is hardly connected to the detail. It's the crisis! Or some other reason. Profit perhaps? A dedicated SSC sculptor wouldn't reduce the detail, just to keep the price low. If they would, why did they choose to make the 12" Han in carbonite environment in polystone, and sell it for $200? That could have been realized for less cash. And we have to take into account that we actually don't know how much it costs SSC to MAKE these things and to put them on the market, and how much they earn by selling them.

Anyway, it's good that this IM maquette has found it's fans and buyers, even for that price. I passed. While you can't really compare comiquettes, maquettes and PF's to 12" figures, it is very frequently done here on the board. I know that $400 will almost cover the three HT IM's I have on order. I think they'll look pretty awesome together. But if you're not into 12" figures...

Last edited:

The headsculpt of Downey Jr. is not very good for a Maquette at 400$.
The Hot Toys 12" is much more accurate "by far".

What's wrong ?!

The HT kick ass the Sideshow by far !

Back