Sideshow interview at cooltoyreview.com!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's some serious justification, and a lot of thought went into that.

I tend to think that in 1977 Star Wars Lucas just didn't have much money and by Empire the budget was large enough to get Vader some nicer duds.

Oh, I know that's the truth with the first film. But now that the films are all done, we can look at the full thing as one work, and I'm sure that was something on the designer's mind.

Mentioned that more Trade Federation stuff is coming...probably just means the STAP or a Super Battle Droid, but I am hoping for some Neimoidians!

Me too! With Sideshow's excellent track record with rendering alien characters, any of the Nemoidians would look great...

And please, Sideshow! While it's fantastic to hear EpOne ObiWan is on the way...please don't hand over all the "human" character duties to HT! I don't want to see an army of sullen-faced, man-linered, google-eyed figures with accessories that will stay in the box but raise the price into the stratosphere...more power to those that want 'em, but Sideshow's done pretty well with many of the human SW characters...keep dropping 'em in once in a while for the rest of us, please!

Surprising that they'd do a RotJ "Reveal" Vader when Hot Toys is releasing an ESB Luke this year. Or is it meant to represent both films. I don't know the main differences between outfits.

Last edited:
1/6th ROTJ Vader.... I could cry. I so happy....

happy-cuteness-overload.jpg

Would rather by Hot Toys. :monkey2

Surprising that they'd do a RofJ "Reveal" Vader when Hot Toys is releasing an ESB Luke this year. Or is it meant to represent both films. I don't know the main differences between outfits.

Sounds like its officially the ROTJ Vader but the differences are so slight between ESB and ROTJ I'm sure it could substitute for both.

Surprising that they'd do a RofJ "Reveal" Vader when Hot Toys is releasing an ESB Luke this year. Or is it meant to represent both films. I don't know the main differences between outfits.

I've said it before and I'll say it again on the "reveal" aspect. I hope we get two seperate sculpts for this as I don't want to have to deal with anything breaking in the future.

It sounds like it'll be an ROTJ figure and then a premium format then they'll show ESB some love. I don't think it's a end all figure. Before people were referring to an ESB/ROTJ Vader because we didn't know which they were doing and there were rumors of an "Ultimate Vader"

Although who's to say we won't see a light-up saber included with Luke; HT is notorious for improving figures between the prototype and production.

I'd be fine if they didn't, but I guess if its terrible I can always just use the saber from my Sideshow version :huh

Back