Sideshow interview at cooltoyreview.com!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will have a hard time passing on Artoo, ironically I could live without Threepio. :dunno

Well, it sounds like it will be included with Ep 1 Obi Wan anyway, so I am happy about the lit saber. But yes, it would be great if they include an old style lit saber too, so he won't stand out so much. I can see the lit saber, turned off, looking like the old ones though. Maybe I'll ask Sideshow if they will ever consider making a pack of light up sabers for the older figures. I'd like them. :monkey3

Well, it sounds like it will be included with Ep 1 Obi Wan anyway, so I am happy about the lit saber. But yes, it would be great if they include an old style lit saber too, so he won't stand out so much. I can see the lit saber, turned off, looking like the old ones though. Maybe I'll ask Sideshow if they will ever consider making a pack of light up sabers for the older figures. I'd like them. :monkey3

:goodpost::exactly::goodpost:

Well Dave is a member of this forum, I wonder if he'll come in and explain his heated desire for a "Noooooooooo!" Vader. :lol

Sure. The costume design really fascinates me. When it comes to SW, Ani/Vader and Yoda are the characters that I am drawn to, and in the case of ROTS armoured Vader, there seems to be a bit of a story being told in its design.

It's shiny and new, but he doesn't quite fit in it yet. He's got these big heavy prosthetic limbs, that imho, is why 19 years later he is so built, but he's only had the limbs for a couple of hours at that point, so he hasn't grown into it. (do note, I'm a "he became Darth Vader the moment he pledged himself to Sidous" sort of person, so getting the armour is just a part of the character's fall from grace.

When we meet him again in ANH he's built, but his armour looks like ____. I see this as him having no reason to live. Nothing to look forward to. A man trapped who is forced to live without the people he loved and totally detached from the world.

In TESB he's shiny again because he found out his child is alive and he had a reason to live again... Even if he was still a total POS Sith...

So yeah, I like the ROTS armour.

The reason for the structure of the piece, however, is the fact that we were just having a conversation with no goals beyond talking about toys. THat's the main reason it wasn't edited into two interviews and split between CTR and RS. I liked that it's just a conversation.

For the record, I thought the "kids" comment came off as a bit condescending. :lecture

That's because you're so childish.

J/K.

It was meant affectionately. Adults should only spend time talking to each other about toys if their inner kid is a strong component of one's internal consciousness. Don't forget I write in forums too, so I'm one of the kids as well :)

That's because you're so childish.

J/K.

It was meant affectionately. Adults should only spend time talking to each other about toys if their inner kid is a strong component of one's internal consciousness. Don't forget I write in forums too, so I'm one of the kids as well :)

:exactly::lecture:exactly:

So True.

I knew that it wasn't reading as intentioned. Although the funny thing is that Dave's implied meaning is probably more poetic and more of a reasoning for people to get it than what I would imagine would be any official reasoning via LFL. :lol

(Still want a McQuarrie over this though)

I knew that it wasn't reading as intentioned. Although the funny thing is that Dave's implied meaning is probably more poetic and more of a reasoning for people to get it than what I would imagine would be any official reasoning via LFL. :lol

(Still want a McQuarrie over this though)

I've worked in film for over a decade now, so I know that the people that design things tend to understand the characters pretty well and influence the story because of their understanding of the characters. I know when I make a prop I'm consciously thinking about the character.

Granted, sometimes the skilled technicians have some goofy fun too, such as the witch book I made for the Secret Circle TV show:

SecretCircle-01.jpg

SecretCircle-02.jpg

SecretCircle-03.jpg

SecretCircle-04.jpg

Mentioned that more Trade Federation stuff is coming...probably just means the STAP or a Super Battle Droid, but I am hoping for some Neimoidians!

I want sideshow to make this Stormtrooper. Pretty please? This, the Vader and the Snowtrooper would be the Mcquarrie figures I'd buy without hesitation.
McStormie1.jpg

I'll take a ROTJ Vader. That's a buy for me so is whenever they get the whole Dooku situation resolved.

DMM Going into this new Vader, will we see a more accurately scaled body?

BB Already done. We wanted to make sure he was clearly taller than everyone else, but the first one was just a hair too tall.
:banana

I hope Obi-Wan comes with a "normal" lightsaber.

Nice to hear about Dooku, but not about there still being a ways to go. They should remake Qui-Gon. Hot Toys can take on Darth Maul.

I'd buy any 1/6 Mcquarrie concepts SSC made.

When we meet him again in ANH he's built, but his armour looks like ____. I see this as him having no reason to live. Nothing to look forward to. A man trapped who is forced to live without the people he loved and totally detached from the world.

In TESB he's shiny again because he found out his child is alive and he had a reason to live again... Even if he was still a total POS Sith...

That's some serious justification, and a lot of thought went into that.

I tend to think that in 1977 Star Wars Lucas just didn't have much money and by Empire the budget was large enough to get Vader some nicer duds.

The kids comment did come off a little d-baggy but I don't believe that is how it was intended.

It's better than what I call you all. :pfft:

And I find this lack of love for lightup lightsabers disturbing. That would be killer! And they could re -release all the figures to have them - so little Obi won't have to play with his electric saber all alone.

Back