Sideshow interview at cooltoyreview.com!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that is something I could see myself buying. :yess:

I probably wouldn't buy... just because I don't know how well that could be pulled of in 1/6; but if it was done right I'd be very interested. Although that is probably the only McQuarrie I could see dropping $$$ on in 1/6.

I probably wouldn't buy... just because I don't know how well that could be pulled of in 1/6; but if it was done right I'd be very interested. Although that is probably the only McQuarrie I could see dropping $$$ on in 1/6.

The McQuarrie figures are the only modern Hasbros I own. :lol

I still need to track down the last few, though.

The kids comment did come off a little d-baggy but I don't believe that is how it was intended.

As for the McQuarrie stuff, I think that'd be the only group of figures that'd have me on the site 9AM on ordering day without any hestitation.

About this light up saber:

I'm really stoked for this. And I hope it works well. I have to wonder, do any of you hope/want Sideshow to offer a pack of lit sabers for the figures we already own? I know its a stretch, since a bunch of us wanted the newer cloth Clone bodysuits to replace the older vinyl suits but they never entertained the idea. How cool would it be if they sold exclusively a set of lit sabers for all the Luke's, Mace, Vader, Maul, Anakin Ki Adi ETC. figures we already own?

Uugh.

I couldn't care less about light up sabers. Why the hell would I want TPM OB1 to have one when Quigon on Maul both don't? :dunno

Yup. Light-up sabers are dumm.

It's a wasted feature, IMO. It will drive up prices by 20 bucks while doing very little to nothing for our displays. Light up anyting=over rated.

Agree with the above three. no fleshlight hilts, please.

Hopefully if the do start including light up sabers they may also continue to add ingnited ones with the older style blades.

But I guess its lucky that I really don't have many more lightsaber weilding figures that I want to buy... so worst case scenario I could just pick and choose who gets displayed ignited.

Only personal must haves I can think of left are:
Dooku
ROTJ Vader
PT Yoda
The occasional cool Luke Variant (hoth, X-wing, etc.)

That's the only way to go imo. I do hope they realize that not everyone wants lights, and throw us a bone by including unlit sabers.

He mentioned that straying into conceptual territory might be to the fan's liking than an ROTS styled figure. He mentioned McQuarrie specifically but nothing that they are actually making the figures.

I just saw McQuarrie mentioned; did Brant say they're actually making figures?

It was just mentioned in this respect:

DMM No one has touched the Revenge Of The Sith costume since 2005. I think that's funny, because it's a milestone. It’s the first time Vader wears the armour.

BB It's hard though, because you’ve got the iconic A New Hope or Return Of The Jedi costumes that people are glued to. Those signature looks.

DMM But doesn't it behoove the line to hold back on the one everyone really wants? If the Revenge version is left to the end, isn’t there a chance that it’ll be the redhead stepchild?

BB Even after you've done the others, and done them well, there might be more interest. Just speaking of the 1/6 scale, you've got you're A New Hope Vader, and you’re getting a Return Of The Jedi one soon, and the subtlies that make it Revenge Of The Sith are there, but it is still subtle. You have those two, would you rather have an Episode III Vader or would you rather jump to a McQuarrie version or some other reimagining of the character?

I remember back when Hasbro did them, they were asked if they'd do McQuarries and it was mentioned as a possibility. I think we'll see them but I also think SSC is in no rush as they practically sell themselves.

Anyone also note that the Vader PF will be made to go along with the Luke and Emperor PFs? Luke looking backwards in the position that he is makes me wonder what the new Vader will actually look like or be posed as.

I could be tempted to pick up a 3rd PF if the ROTJ is as kickass as I think it might be; although personally I'd love for them to have done a "join me" ESB pose and base:

e10567%2042370%20Darth%20Vader%20Bespin.jpg

Back