Sideshow Imperial AT-AT Driver Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...although the TIE pilot looks good (nice gloves) the character has always been problematic for me...black on black with gloss obscuring detail, no weapons...I'm just not sure they display well.

TIE Pilot does come with an optional holster and blaster. The Ex also has the Kenner blaster.

1002941-product-silo.png

But black on black can be a problem - which is why I never liked the Shadow Trooper.

Oh, yeah, I've had the Tie Pilot Ex on order since day one. Although I did cancel and re-order with the $20 off coupon :lecture

I really hope he comes with the Kenner rifle :pray:

So it seems like that could be everything from Sideshow. Was hoping for a bit more but maybe there'll be a surprise showing too.

Ash isn't pictured... so there's that as well as the DC PFs and some other items.

Although that might be it for SW and Marvel; although I'm surprised we aren't getting an update on the 1/6 McQuarrie Vader.

So it seems like that could be everything from Sideshow. Was hoping for a bit more but maybe there'll be a surprise showing too.

I'm in the same boat but i'm not holding much hope there will be more on the 1/6 front... unless they tease us with a TFA figure or two :pray:

TIE Pilot does come with an optional holster and blaster. The Ex also has the Kenner blaster.

[...]

Yeah, but not great for film accuracy...they can look good with small sidearms, though.

But black on black can be a problem - which is why I never liked the Shadow Trooper.

Vader gets away with it because of the very distinctive, angular silhouette.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty excited for the all black figure. With the Snowtroopers, Stormtroopers, Scoutroopers, and eventual Sandtroopers, that's a ton of white in the display. The TIE pilot will add a nice mix to that and under the Detolf light will hopefully look pretty sharp. The pilots have always been lower on my trooper wants so in my mind I'm already branching out in grabbing the one. AT-AT driver looks pretty nice in that shot though. I hope the helmets are very close size-wise to the new HT Stormtrooper.

Wow, that looks really good! As good as it looks, I now always wonder if HT will be able to make an even better one in the future.

Wow, that looks really good! As good as it looks, I now always wonder if HT will be able to make an even better one in the future.

Or whether Sideshow will make a better one in the future? Or... That's not a collector's way of thinking, are you here on the forum undercover? ;)

Or whether Sideshow will make a better one in the future? Or... That's not a collector's way of thinking, are you here on the forum undercover? ;)

Haha it's just my worry after seeing how much better HT's Stormtrooper was compared to SSC's. I still bought SSC's R2 despite knowing that HT will inevitably make on in the future and have 3PO on pre-order since I wouldn't mind multiples of these characters. For these minor characters which I don't want multiples of it's hard to decide since I don't know if HT will even make them and if how much different they'll be.

Look at it this way... HT totally pooped the ben with Obi-Wan Kenobi - Sideshow's, with minor exceptions is the one to have, IMO - I may get some parts from the HT version, namely the boots. Maybe some hands too, but only because I didn't get them all when I bought the SSC on eBay.

BOUGHT! Made me want to keep my TIE order as well (I was hedging) They'll look fantastic next to one another.

Back