Sideshow Imperial AT-AT Driver Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0866 Sideshow AT-AT Driver.JPG
IMG_0868 Sideshow AT-AT Driver.JPG

Well,how do you make moon boots in 1/6 scale? :lol

The same way, just with sharper detail. Maybe a wash would make em pop a bit? I dunno.

Kinda reminds me of the HT Boba rotj/esb gloved hands. Yeah they look okay, but the sculpt is really "soft".

Ironically, Sideshow did a much better job than HT on those. :lol

The SSC helmet is beautifully painted with amazingly crisp sculpt detail, though the sculpt itself is a little off. The Marmit sculpt is more accurate, but the paint and level of sculpt detail is lacking. I guess it comes down to which aspects you think are more important. :lol

I find the SSC driver boots to be a bit too tall and a bit too block-like in sculpt. The Marmit boots - which occasionally come up on ebay parted out - I find capture the costume boots much better, though they need a repaint.

One fun thing I did was carefully/hidden sliced my SSC driver boots to separate the shoe part from the upper boot to create ankle articulation.

The perfect ATAT driver to me would be a repainted Marmit helmet with SSC armor/chestbox/pipes/jumpsuit, and Marmit boots and gloves (I really hate the SSC chunky gloved hands on this fig.)

What's funny is that even though this was the first 12" scale driver to have correct grey armor, I had gotten so used to the white armor via Kenner and the flow-on, I actually don't like the grey look as much, finding it to be not as crisp-looking against the grey jumpsuit. :gah: :lol

Back