Statue Sideshow Hulk vs Wolverine Dio - 1/5 Scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just read Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk short arc, it's very very nice. Good art, good pacing, good storytelling. Nothing out of this world but I enjoyed it from start to finish, quite over the top, a bit crazy in some points. 100% badass. I really like Wolvie and Hulk's outfits

You are 100% right Spidey. The biggest difference is where the eyebrow area meets the nose. Byrne always drew his Wolvie with the black part of his mask cutting downward to the nose. XM's Wolvie has a softer more rounded appearance where the black portion of the mask meets at his eyebrows/nose. This is more consistent with the way Cockrum drew him. For me personally, there is no Wolverine like the John Byrne Wolverine. IMO, NO ONE drew him better. Lee is the only other artist who comes close in my book. That's why I didn't like any of the portraits offered with the XM Wolvie including the masked portrait.

Spot on Spidey !!!

Oh yes I agree on all points, the Canale head is more refined (so I guess that "finesse" doesn't apply as a word in this context hmm). Was curious to see if I was the only one who noticed similarities in the facial features, didn't look closely at the difference in the mask shape. The main difference that jumped to my eye is in the teeth btw

More than any other body part, the headsculpt is all about the little things. I have literally spent days just tweaking little things here and there on a headsculpt. I can honestly say that I can get a basic headsculpt down in about 2-3 hrs. That is from digital clay ball to something that you would recongnize as the character if I told you. Add another hour for a rough hair sculpt. The thing is that isn't even half the battle. Then, when speaking in terms of a 1/4 headsculpt it then becomes mainly about changes that amount to a fraction of an inch or even mm. Unless you are morphing it into a scream you can achieve almost any expression with just tiny fractional changes, BUT the thing is KNOWING how to do that. I can't imaging the number of hours spent by various artists simply debating the difference of a 1mm or 2mm. Which brings me to....

It is absolutely amazing. Gotta be honest though, SS nailed the face sculpt way better than the XM, IMO. Just my personal preference but this to me is THE yellow Wolverine I want. Size, textures, face sculpt, pose...a masterpiece! Something about it, but I just do not like the XM wolvie at all.

This dio is a show stopper, I will not be passing this up. This is most Ive been pumped for a SS piece in a loooooooog time!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Looking forward to this going up for preorder. I have the XM wolverine and love it, but this is in a different class.

The difference is Master Martin Canale. Simply put he was given the right art direction, and he got it done in a MASTERFUL way. Now don't get me wrong Marthin Agusta is a very talented artist, and he is doing great work for XM. However, there are amazing sculptor, and then there are a select few masters. Canale is in the latter group, and he is really showing why on this one.

So no EX mask like the original encounter?
350e22daea12029e586afac9b56f84ae.jpg

Yeah, having the 1st appearance mask look is going to be the deciding factor for me in regards to whether I PO or not. I like the look of it. I think in fact I'm the only one. Lol.

Yeah, having the 1st appearance mask look is going to be the deciding factor for me in regards to whether I PO or not. I like the look of it. I think in fact I'm the only one. Lol.

Yeah no ordering for me unless it has this mask as a display option. I heard we may get it? maybe just a rumor. Can't wait to see pics and PO info fingers crossed.

I am loving the piece just wish it was 1/6 scale. I have 1/6 bowens and kotos and 1/4 sideshow this will be on its own

Strange that this statue get less and less appealing to Mr. Green, especially when people posting that old 181 Hulk.
Mr. Green prefer modern version that more likely won't ever be made officially.

4756649-ultimate-wolverine-vs-hulk-fight-wolverine-ripped-in-half-marvel-knights.jpg

landscape_xlarge.jpg

I am loving the piece just wish it was 1/6 scale. I have 1/6 bowens and kotos and 1/4 sideshow this will be on its own

Same feeling here. It all depends on how big wolverine is. If he is a little bit bigger then 12 inches long then it should be okay. Really hard to tell from the images from SDCC. 1/6 would be ideal for me.

Same feeling here. It all depends on how big wolverine is. If he is a little bit bigger then 12 inches long then it should be okay. Really hard to tell from the images from SDCC. 1/6 would be ideal for me.
Yeah in my opinion, 1/6 would be ideal. Even at 1/6 size this would be big

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Back