Sideshow Green Phoenix PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was a surprise. Mine converted yesterday. As long as it's not damaged I'll definitely keep. I'll contact John to see if he has any more heads available. I'd like to get a regular with green eyes and a flaming eyes for Dark Phoenix. Still not crazy about the base, but I have an XM Phoenix and an XM Dark Phoenix on order.

Wow, you are a true Phoenix fan. I was able to get on the WL for the green PF but decided to go with the XM Phoenix instead. In the end, it was the right green Phoenix statue for me and I don't need more than one quarter scale green Phoenix in my collection (mainly due to space issues). If I do convert on the PF, I'll either offer it to someone at my cost or end up canceling it. I can't imagine how awesome your Phoenix display is going to look when all of your pieces arrive. Take a pic if you get the chance. I can't be the only one who'd like to see that display.

I Can't Control It.....

tumblr_lzgksrlVrX1r4ezsco1_500.gif

IhAIgaq.jpg

5lCTqDU.jpg

0AXXGVJ.jpg

GGwQaie.jpg

I Can't Control It.....

tumblr_lzgksrlVrX1r4ezsco1_500.gif

IhAIgaq.jpg

5lCTqDU.jpg

0AXXGVJ.jpg

GGwQaie.jpg

What game is that gif from? She looks beautiful!

If anyone has a conversion and they miraculously change their mind, I'll buy the statue from them at retail :lol (probably no shot, but worth a try to throw the offer out there)

What game is that gif from? She looks beautiful!

If anyone has a conversion and they miraculously change their mind, I'll buy the statue from them at retail :lol (probably no shot, but worth a try to throw the offer out there)

It's from Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (or Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3) for the PS3.

Yup

I love this trailer

My pictures don’t even do this custom portrait justice

It’s much better in person. John did a fantastic job, I appreciate the entire sculpt more thx to the custom portrait.

Loved playing her in that game! Love her win line too, "I've destroyed whole planets, so what chance have you got?"

BTW, that custom portrait looks phenomenal on green Phoenix.

So, since I Flex my Jean, I didn't receive her until a week ago. Unboxed her, and found that there was a chunk of "flame" broken near the back of the base. Contacted SST, they talked to their people, and they don't have any more in stock to exchange, and they said I can't just exchange the base, as they aren't all the same, apparently.

They said I could keep the piece and get a $52 credit, or I could return it.

I still have a week to think it over. I went ahead and tried fixing the flame, and true, once you set Jean into the base, you can't even see the break. But in my mind I KNOW it's there, and if I look at it from behind, I will see it, because I am a crazy person.

But I hate to return her, because the ebay prices are nuts now, so if I want one, it's either this one, or pony up the $$$.

So, I am torn. I guess it's not a big deal, but receiving a broken item that I can't easily replace leaves a bad taste in my mouth. With the break I doubt I'd ever be able to resell her at a profit, and if I keep her, I'm going to think about the break whenever I look at her.

(Plus, I feel like she sits in the base kinda odd anyways, sorta turned sideways a bit?)

What to do?

So, since I Flex my Jean, I didn't receive her until a week ago. Unboxed her, and found that there was a chunk of "flame" broken near the back of the base. Contacted SST, they talked to their people, and they don't have any more in stock to exchange, and they said I can't just exchange the base, as they aren't all the same, apparently.

I still have a week to think it over. I went ahead and tried fixing the flame, and true, once you set Jean into the base, you can't even see the break. But in my mind I KNOW it's there, and if I look at it from behind, I will see it, because I am a crazy person.

But I hate to return her, because the ebay prices are nuts now, so if I want one, it's either this one, or pony up the $$$.

So, I am torn. I guess it's not a big deal, but receiving a broken item that I can't easily replace leaves a bad taste in my mouth. With the break I doubt I'd ever be able to resell her at a profit, and if I keep her, I'm going to think about the break whenever I look at her.

(Plus, I feel like she sits in the base kinda odd anyways, sorta turned sideways a bit?)

What to do?

It sounds to me that your mind is pretty made up and you want to return her

I feel for you. I had mine flexed and thought about the possibility of getting a bad one and not being able to get it replaced. I decided to pay mine off early just in case. Fortunately, there weren't any problems. If you love the statue, keep it. If you think it might go out the door someday anyway, send it back now.

I wonder how many people bought this with no other thought in their head than to flip it? There are 25 that are for sale or have been sold on ebay since October alone. That's a lot for such a small edition size. Makes it even harder when you do get a bad one.

I feel for you. I had mine flexed and thought about the possibility of getting a bad one and not being able to get it replaced. I decided to pay mine off early just in case. Fortunately, there weren't any problems. If you love the statue, keep it. If you think it might go out the door someday anyway, send it back now.

Thanks! Yeah, it's not an easy predicament. I should have paid it off sooner, but at the time the holidays were approaching, so I thought it'd be easier on my xmas budget to split this one up over two months. The thing is I WANT to love the statue. I love the IDEA of the statue, and was super excited to get it. But my heart sank when I saw that break, even though it's a small one. I guess I'm a little too OCD about this stuff, because if it's not perfect, it drives me nuts. So that's what I'm weighing, the pleasure of walking into my home office and seeing her displayed in her glory, vs that thing in the back of my brain that is going to say "She's broken!" whenever I look at her.

But man, I really like the piece otherwise, and it won't be cheap to try to get a "perfect" one, so that's why I'm waffling. This statue in perfect shape would be a permanent edition to the collection. I've got until the 12th to make my final decision, so I'll see how it feels as the week goes on. Thanks for the input!

Keep it. Unless you really need the money. You won't ever get it at retail again. If the broken piece bothers you there are plenty of people that can fix it where you will never know it was ever there. My Green was a returned waitlist conversion. I'm sure Sideshow fixed the base. My white styrofoam is all red and orange yet the base is perfect.
If the next X-Men movie is a huge hit more people will be looking for this Phoenix.
If you count the Sideshow Jean Grey, both XM Phoenix and the Red Sideshow Phoenix. This is the most limited one too. I have them all and I'd sell all the other one's first if I had too.

I received a green phoenix with issues too. I had the broken flame in back but it broke pretty clean and can be repaired. I had the dark phoenix in storage, unpacked it to compare with the new one, and found the same break. The part that really bothers me is that the green phoenix doesn't key into the base smoothly. Dark phoenix pops in and it feels sturdy. The green phoenix kind of lodges itself into the base and while it rests without tipping over, it has a lot of wiggle room if you press it gently. I kept it displayed overnight and it was fine but I feel a certain cringe that this thing is going to fall over and end up in pieces. I prefer the green to the dark phoenix but I'm torn about the problems. I really don't want to send it back because there aren't replacements but I feel cheated accepting a $550 statue with multiple problems. I think I'm leaning toward telling them the problems, seeing what kind of partial refund they'll give, and then try fixing it on my own. Or sending it back and painting the dark phoenix green. I much prefer the green and when I opened the box I kept thinking this is what it should have been all along.

What to do?

Personally, you sound like me it some ways. I would return it if it bothers you.

Get your money back and move on. (And I mean that nicely.)

I received a green phoenix with issues too. I had the broken flame in back but it broke pretty clean and can be repaired. I had the dark phoenix in storage, unpacked it to compare with the new one, and found the same break. The part that really bothers me is that the green phoenix doesn't key into the base smoothly. Dark phoenix pops in and it feels sturdy. The green phoenix kind of lodges itself into the base and while it rests without tipping over, it has a lot of wiggle room if you press it gently. I kept it displayed overnight and it was fine but I feel a certain cringe that this thing is going to fall over and end up in pieces. I prefer the green to the dark phoenix but I'm torn about the problems. I really don't want to send it back because there aren't replacements but I feel cheated accepting a $550 statue with multiple problems. I think I'm leaning toward telling them the problems, seeing what kind of partial refund they'll give, and then try fixing it on my own. Or sending it back and painting the dark phoenix green. I much prefer the green and when I opened the box I kept thinking this is what it should have been all along.

I'd send this one back too.

They should further offer compensation along with a full refund for all the waiting and trouble when you finally got it and hassle for returning it. I know it'd be a pain to lug a large heavy box a long way to return it as myself and I'm sure others may have to do. Should receive that credit they offered along with the full refund if you ask me, it happens but it sounds like there have been a lot of people who received defective or broken statues and they should take better care to ensure these things don't happen.

They should further offer compensation along with a full refund for all the waiting and trouble when you finally got it and hassle for returning it. I know it'd be a pain to lug a large heavy box a long way to return it as myself and I'm sure others may have to do. Should receive that credit they offered along with the full refund if you ask me, it happens but it sounds like there have been a lot of people who received defective or broken statues and they should take better care to ensure these things don't happen.

I think the full refund is fair enough, but I understand where you're coming from. It's a huge hassle to return stuff like this, but I figure if Sideshow is willing to put forth the effort as well, that's got to count for something.

But hey, I hear ya. :lol

Back