Sideshow Green Phoenix PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine today. Definitely recycled. They didn't even attempt to hide it. You can see a mailing label ripped off the shipping box and the styrofoam box was shredded from the previous person that cut the tape.
The good thing is whatever the reason this statue was returned for they must have fixed it. I'm thinking the base was probably missing a lot of paint. The white styrofoam where the flames touched is All red & yellow. The previous person probably got a base with really messed up paints on it. I guess they repainted it and made it like new. I looked it over REALLY carefully and now can't find any flaws. The flames are clear in the light and I can see there were no breaks that were fixed either. The statue itself is really near perfect as is the head. No touch-ups or fixes that I can see at all. Overall I'm Very Happy with my refurbished Green Phoenix!

Got my conversion Phoenix in today and I was wondering if it’s a damaged version. I opened the box and looks great! This is so stunning now I regret giving it away lol. She’s stunning looking! I will buy her again later. She’s going to the new owner for retail once I get paid. Another Harbottle masterpiece!!!!!

A1FAEEC4-EA18-4C78-B873-2E6F7FE116B9.jpgDE5A11EF-B4CC-43BA-A364-37FCF9117CE5.jpg57E3DE29-6430-4B26-BBDE-7C29A1029AB4.jpg57E3DE29-6430-4B26-BBDE-7C29A1029AB4.jpgC6A0412F-C2FE-42B5-B218-9616754F67F2.jpg

I had an idea of customizing a broken Dark Phoenix I had lying around months ago prior to any Green Phoenix release.

The intention was to always mod the Wonder Woman broken hair pieces I had lying around to either portrait of the Dark Phoenix pieces I also had lying around.

The work to convert Dark Phoenix to the alternate “Here Comes Tomorrow” Phoenix would’ve been far too extensive so I never moved forward with it.

Here is a pic of what I initially wanted in 1/4th scale

I had this Diamond Select figure lying around for 8 years. One of the first action figures that topped my collection.

70c0399e501a45bb35cc36a39e1b6410.jpg

Long story short

When Green Phoenix shipped I contacted John to re do the portraits only so I had an extra Phoenix EX head, painted just the way I wanted with John’s style and of course the Wonder Woman hair pieces I had from an earlier salvage.

—-

I knew a Green Phoenix was on the way I did not like the factory skin tones hair or paint on Dark Phoenix it was a matter of when. Johns earlier Dark Phoenix mods were impressive but I thought the Jean portrait with his decals popped more

Also this stuck in my head for years while the anticipation of SS’s Phoenix festered

bc9e1391f767f08798d6f5d9e5fbb374.png

I think XMs missed the mark by a lot
Sideshow’s prototype was awesome

I still don’t feel the production Dark Phoenix pieces came out as planned

Just seems like a rushed effort IMO

Good for you CBG...I think some people need to eat crow.

Got my conversion Phoenix in today and I was wondering if it’s a damaged version. I opened the box and looks great! This is so stunning now I regret giving it away lol. She’s stunning looking! I will buy her again later. She’s going to the new owner for retail once I get paid. Another Harbottle masterpiece!!!!!

View attachment 379947View attachment 379949View attachment 379950View attachment 379950View attachment 379951

Many people claim this is repaint from broken pieces of Dark Phoenix, which I sort of understand, but not 100% sure. Here is my argument, assuming this is the truth which means Sideshow had to send all the broken back to the factory(in China) to fix the bases, added new chest emblem to the statue, strip the paint and repaint it to green. Package it and send it back to US. Wow, that is really costly if this is what they do. Unless this entire process is done in US which can be a lot more expensive.

Many people claim this is repaint from broken pieces of Dark Phoenix, which I sort of understand, but not 100% sure. Here is my argument, assuming this is the truth which means Sideshow had to send all the broken back to the factory(in China) to fix the bases, added new chest emblem to the statue, strip the paint and repaint it to green. Package it and send it back to US. Wow, that is really costly if this is what they do. Unless this entire process is done in US which can be a lot more expensive.

Interesting points.

whoever thinks they reuse unsold/damaged product to make variants has absolutely no clue.

Many does have issues or is repaired not in a good way. I have a few conversions which was rushed and fixed before I received it. Just be careful and inspected it.

They have a large group of painters and sculptors on payroll at their headquarters. I doubt they are constantly working all the time, I’m guessing the downtime they have between projects would allow them to do small projects like this without having to ship them back to China.

Me too! I checked the order status and it still says my position on the waitlist is not very great and then I received an email that it will charge in a few days. I hope it works out. I have the dark phoenix and will probably unload it if the green is fine. I wanted the green all along but didn't think they would make it.

Me too! Said not great all along and still does. But I got the email and am very excited!

That was a surprise. Mine converted yesterday. As long as it's not damaged I'll definitely keep. I'll contact John to see if he has any more heads available. I'd like to get a regular with green eyes and a flaming eyes for Dark Phoenix. Still not crazy about the base, but I have an XM Phoenix and an XM Dark Phoenix on order.

Mine converted, should I be scared or happy?!

This piece does look really awesome.

Me too! I checked the order status and it still says my position on the waitlist is not very great and then I received an email that it will charge in a few days. I hope it works out. I have the dark phoenix and will probably unload it if the green is fine. I wanted the green all along but didn't think they would make it.

Me too! Said not great all along and still does. But I got the email and am very excited!

Congrats, guys!

Hope you guys get a good one.

Back