Sideshow GODZILLA Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Upcoming Sideshow GODZILLA Collectibles

I'm actually not loving the pose, myself. It kind of looks like the upper half and lower half of his body were sculpted with a different movement in mind. Something about it doesn't quite line up for me... I'm not sure how else to put it. *scratches head* But, for the price they're going to ask - if I'm not head over heels for their sculpt, forget it. Affordability aside. :dunno

Sorry for the crappy photos but this is the BIG maquette of Godzilla that is seen in "The Art of Destruction" book. Its gotta be over 24 inches tall and I honestly think that what Sideshow is going to give us maybe based on this thing. Either way, what SS shows in that video is on par or bigger than the Jakks Pacific Godzilla figure in terms of height but with the tail wrapping around.

IMG_1301 - Copy (2).JPG
IMG_1303 - Copy.JPG

I'm actually not loving the pose, myself. It kind of looks like the upper half and lower half of his body were sculpted with a different movement in mind. Something about it doesn't quite line up for me... I'm not sure how else to put it. *scratches head* But, for the price they're going to ask - if I'm not head over heels for their sculpt, forget it. Affordability aside. :dunno

I think it works, he's in like a forward moving pose and then his upper body turns back to roar at something behind him before turning and his tail curls to twist around.

14219931773_a942efa940_o.jpg

If this turns out to be a large and very expensive piece, what are the chances Sideshow will come out with a smaller less expensive Godzilla? From the "Coming Soon" teaser banner that's been on their site, it seems like they plan more than one item for the Godzilla collection. Hopefully its not just human characters or the MUTOS.

I think it works, he's in like a forward moving pose and then his upper body turns back to roar at something behind him before turning and his tail curls to twist around.

14219931773_a942efa940_o.jpg

I think it is made in such a way that you can pose this from different angles... You can place him like the pic above or you can put him with his back facing and still see his face like many of the posters that are out there.

PE11053CNB.jpg

I also think you can probably go for a straight on pose... As I think it looks a little like this

godzilla_2014__skreeeeeeonk___by_sonichedgehog2-d788obf.jpg

This is my childhood favorite Monster...I dont care how much it costs...I want it.

Movie was a snoozefest.

Argh! Really? I'm seeing it Sunday, everyone so far has said it's pretty good...

Barring this piece being thousands of dollars I'm totally in...

Enter to win, I'm crossing fingers and really hoping.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/godzilla-giveaway/

I must of entered hundreds of their contest and never win anything. I alwasy wonder if you are the winner, how much of an efort does sideshow make to contact you. Is it only one email? Do they use the same eamil address from the newsletter? What if your junk filter drops the winner notification, even though you receive all the other Sideshow junk mail.

movie is phenomenal. go see it imax 3d.

I must of entered hundreds of their contest and never win anything. I alwasy wonder if you are the winner, how much of an efort does sideshow make to contact you. Is it only one email? Do they use the same eamil address from the newsletter? What if your junk filter drops the winner notification, even though you receive all the other Sideshow junk mail.
You've never won, if you had you would know.
Thousands enter their contests.

movie is phenomenal. go see it imax 3d.

dude, i'm not trying to be mean but, i don't know how any self-respecting Godzilla fan could call this film phenomenal.

much to my dismay...i'd define this film as forgettable.

Well I feel differently and apparently so do a huge number of other Godzilla fans. Peace to your face

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Back