Sideshow GODZILLA Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Upcoming Sideshow GODZILLA Collectibles

It'll be interesting to see how much the final CGI desing allows Sideshow to show off paintwork. The few glimpses we've had so far make him seem more of a sculpt display than a paint display, though it does seem like from leaks that his belly will be a different shade from his body, though that's toys and toys have historically put light shades on his chest for some reason. We should know soon, general freedom to show of products hits mid-March, we'll probably have plenty of good looks at him in the movie around then, wonder if Sideshow'll wait until SDCC or show off something sooner.

Yeah, I'd like to know too.
I want a good representation of him to display.
The JAKKS model isn't going to do it for me.

New Godzilla's head is too small. Everybody's doing pinheads these days.

36782-1.jpg

Super stoked for the movie and can't wait to see what Sideshow does with the line.

Probably no until SDCC would be my guess, or around the film's release in May.

It looks awesome, I won't be able to afford it but I hope they do a giveaway, I'd love to win it.

It looks awesome, I won't be able to afford it but I hope they do a giveaway, I'd love to win it.

At what range do you suspect this maquette will be priced?

I'm guessing the G himself is about 24". The base he is standing on looks like it could add another 3". Then, comparing this to the 25.5" Hulk maquette and the Sauron PF, this could come in at $750-$800. How detailed the base will be, will also make a significant impact on price.

I'm guessing the G himself is about 24". The base he is standing on looks like it could add another 3". Then, comparing this to the 25.5" Hulk maquette and the Sauron PF, this could come in at $750-$800. How detailed the base will be, will also make a significant impact on price.
I was thinking well in excess of a grand.

Comparing statues and price never ends well...
P2...cough...Maquette...cough!

Well for me, anything over $60 is stretching my budget :lol, but I'm guessing this will be somewhere between $1000-$2000 plus a lot to ship.

I miss the days when Sideshow was a mix of lower price, affordable items and these high end pieces, I got priced out of them long ago.

I was thinking well in excess of a grand.

Comparing statues and price never ends well...
P2...cough...Maquette...cough!

You could very well be right on, unfortunately. Sideshow could very well price this out of range. To add to your example... the life-size Yoda. :(

All I can go on, for now, is that I do like the scale and the pose.

Well for me, anything over $60 is stretching my budget :lol, but I'm guessing this will be somewhere between $1000-$2000 plus a lot to ship.

I miss the days when Sideshow was a mix of lower price, affordable items and these high end pieces, I got priced out of them long ago.
I hear ya. It gets worse for international fans too, sorry to say. Being that I'm in the same state as Sideshow, I also have to pay a sales tax, if they decide to include an exclusive feature that I feel I have to get from them. :lol

How much will this be roughly?

Back