Sideshow GODZILLA Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toys are serious bidnezz :lecture

It's crazy when you stand back from this hobby and think how expensive this stuff is for what you get.

Well I would happily part with $800 for a piece, if what I saw was worth it and I could see where the value was.

With the 2nd movie confirmed, I'm confident that more statues would come out from other companies, so I will wait, no rush, SS will not be the only one with Goldzilla. Just look at SS's Optimus Prime, are you sure this is the only and best one in statue world?

Prime 1 produced a better Optimus but at a price. Nearly twice as much than what the SS version was.

People are saying this is too expensive so you give an example of a company charging double what Sideshow did?
Or are there better, cheaper, versions available?

At least I'm deeply regreted of buying SS op when I saw the Prime1's and I'm consider to get xm's mark 42

As far as statues go, and there's only been 2 so far, this is my favorite, it's smaller sure, but there's something majestic about it and it really captures the film design well. Before Sideshow's was revealed I would have thought they did it, but the differences lean me to think otherwise. Too bad only Germans or Americans willing to spend crazy money to import it are going to ever have a chance at it.

godzilla_de_collectors.jpg

That's an amazing set. Wish they sold it over here.

It's so odd that of all countries, Germany gets the amazing box set, not the US or Japan. I've heard that such sets aren't selling well in the states though, which sucks, I'd kill for that. Then again, some of the pieces in such sets look lame, not anything this nice.

That's where you keep misunderstanding me, I don't dislike it to not want to buy it, I can't afford it, period, I like it a lot and would happily buy it if I could. I have a 4 month old and I'm the sole income for my family so there's little room for collectibles these days. It was a birthday present to get the NECA figure. I entered the giveaway for this and I will try any other means to win one, I'd love to have it in my collection.

Like I said, I just love Godzilla, this movie and the design from this film so I enjoy talking about pieces based on it. I've been as critical of NECA, SHMA, JAKKS, Bandai, it's just fun to talk about the good and bad of companies' work.

Okay I can appreciate that, yeah price is a bit of a ***** I'm not denying that. I also get how it is to have responsibilities as a bread winner. Sometimes I get so caught up in this you forget just How caught up we are.
A light up feature would more likely make me pass, just something to fail in years to come.
Keep that for toys.
Really man? I think if done right it could look really awesome. However I get how it could fail as well and would just look like a bad carnival figure lol
Toys are serious bidnezz :lecture

It's crazy when you stand back from this hobby and think how expensive this stuff is for what you get.
**** man tell me about it. When I bought my first PF it was a huge thing and I explained it to myself, the second one was easier and so on. Now I'm in nearly 10k and to me its like holy ****! Then I consider the guys that have been collecting for like years and years and then its like
picgifs-mind-blown-774951.gif

Another example of statues alot more expensive than Sideshows :huh

So you're saying this is good value for money? :dunno
Well its not Baaaad considering how big and heavy this guy is. And its at the price you would pay for a 20" figure. Prime 1 stuff is around the same size give or take a few inches and they charge a crazy chunk of change

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

When I get paid Thursday I think I'm going to pull the pin(flex pay)..this is a epic statue..once it's gone then thats when the price is going to be bananas.

Ok, I messed up big time. For some reason I put in $700 when checking prices, wishful thinking.

Direct (using $60 postage which will be more due to weight) £635 $1030.
Local £545 $880.
Local it is then :yess:

Ok, I messed up big time. For some reason I put in $700 when checking prices, wishful thinking.

Direct (using $60 postage which will be more due to weight) £635 $1030.
Local £545 $880.
Local it is then :yess:
So for sure you're getting it? Nice. Wouldn't you also get back $40 in RP as well so did you factor that too?

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Back