Sideshow GODZILLA Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed, this is definitely an option. However myself personally I'd rather put that $150 or so towards getting this guy. Maybe another $200 in RP on top and I drop the rest. I'm hoping he doesn't sell out til like next spring or later so I'll have more RP towards getting him :)

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I used that same logic when I bought my 18 inch NECA knifehead thinking that it would be fine, that I wouldn't care about the $400 sideshow statue. In pictures the NECA even looked a bit better.

Then I got NECA knifehead in hand and realized it was barely worth $30 let alone the 130 it cost. I sold it 3 days later, bought the sideshow statue. It was like trading in a watch bought at sanrio surprise for a rolex.

24inch head to tail Neca cost 50.00

While SSC statue is far better then Neca's toy...... I don't know if it's 750.00 better.... 800.00 counting shipping.

Had G cost 400.00 or 500.00 like the Knifehead statue, I don't think anyone would have ever brought up Neca in this thread.

Last edited:
Lol you can't compare that to this.

Sure you can. Sideshow may be an overall more refined and quality piece, but NECA's looks more like the GGI model of the film, Sideshow took a number of creative liberties with the statue.

Comparing Sideshow Statues to Toys'R'Us fodder :rotfl

When a $50 TRU Toy is more accurrate than an $800 statue, it is :rotfl

At $600 people would still complain but they would buy. At $800 this will rot the shelves and no one will get their money back if they ever wanted/needed to sell.

Instant depreciation. :lol

I hope it's a shelf warmer so there'll be giveaways I can try to win. I can't afford it, but it's a damn awesome piece I'd love to own.

I used that same logic when I bought my 18 inch NECA knifehead thinking that it would be fine, that I wouldn't care about the $400 sideshow statue. In pictures the NECA even looked a bit better.

Then I got NECA knifehead in hand and realized it was barely worth $30 let alone the 130 it cost. I sold it 3 days later, bought the sideshow statue. It was like trading in a watch bought at sanrio surprise for a rolex.
Lmfao bro

Sure you can. Sideshow may be an overall more refined and quality piece, but NECA's looks more like the GGI model of the film, Sideshow took a number of creative liberties with the statue.

When a $50 TRU Toy is more accurrate than an $800 statue, it is :rotfl
So this is about screen accuracy now? So you would've bought this if it were the most flawlessly accurate representation of the new Godzilla?

So this is about screen accuracy now? So you would've bought this if it were the most flawlessly accurate representation of the new Godzilla?

If I could afford it, I'd get it as is, but the bottom line is that $800 is too much for me no matter what it looks like.

All I'm saying is, there's room to expect better accuracy in an $800 piece when a $50 one can pull it off.

If I could afford it, I'd get it as is, but the bottom line is that $800 is too much for me no matter what it looks like.

All I'm saying is, there's room to expect better accuracy in an $800 piece when a $50 one can pull it off.

Exactly, there's no need to bring in accuracy when there is no true intention to buy something. However we all wish it was cheaper but it isn't. Maybe wait it out then like a few of us here :dunno

Actually it was about being able to compare the NECA to the SSC piece... Maulfan was stating that you could because one was more screen accurate for 750.00 less.

Of course all things being equal I would want the SSC piece... but like I said before.. I really don't feel that it's $750.00 better then the Neca 24inch head to tail piece.

Like I said... If this was 400.00 or 500.00 nobody would have mentioned Neca.

What we see is obviously overpriced but there's nothing we can do to change that.
My worry is what the production version will look like.
I'll pay $800 for what we see now

I'm hoping Sideshow will produce more Godzilla maquettes, like some classic designs, but I have a feeling this will be a one off. With the supposed high licensing fees having put this out of reach for a lot of collectors, I can't see Sideshow spending any more effort and money making any more pieces. I pray I'm pleasantly surprised because I want a high-end classic G, yet the X-Plus pieces just don't cut it for me.

It's a shame that the licensing fees (plus Sideshow's markup on top of that) has made this too cost prohibitive. I think it's gorgeous. $650 would have been more reasonable, I think. I just had to fix my AC in the house yesterday. That cost $825. Really puts things into perspective for me in terms of how far I want to go with this hobby financially.

SS is pushing the price boundary. Let's see how long before this actually sell out

Just you all wait till Deathwing goes up for pre-order. I correctly called this SS Godzilla Maquette to come in at $800 or more. I've been telling everyone that Deathwing WoW statue is going to run a good $999....easy! Much more detailed and a wider statue than Godzilla.

And you don't think SS is going to stop here at these prices do you? Expect an even bigger increase within the coming several months.

Just you all wait till Deathwing goes up for pre-order. I correctly called this SS Godzilla Maquette to come in at $800 or more. I've been telling everyone that Deathwing WoW statue is going to run a good $999....easy! Much more detailed and a wider statue than Godzilla.

And you don't think SS is going to stop here at these prices do you? Expect an even bigger increase within the coming several months.

What is this Deathwing I keep hearing about?

Yep, I agree but hope we are wrong.

What is this Deathwing I keep hearing about?

BYkPIcwCIAAR8Q.jpg

Back