Sideshow GODZILLA Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I messed up big time. For some reason I put in $700 when checking prices, wishful thinking.

Direct (using $60 postage which will be more due to weight) £635 $1030.
Local £545 $880.
Local it is then :yess:

Wow, Europe gets ****ed with shipping and taxes! SS should have a hub in Europe to take care of you guys.

I really don't get the 'flat' 'one colour' paint comments...

1r68o1.png

Lol yeah thats why I just ignored it. Its just bait

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

The detailing and paint work on this maquette Gareth Edwards is pictured with is amazing.

View attachment 134799

IMG_3219_zps0e9eb2b8.jpg~original

it looks dull and flat to me. And not even close to the color he was in the film. Don't have to be colorblind to see that. If it were a more charcoal gray as it should be, it would be easier to add depth to the paint. Keeping everything light and dull is simply to make sure the overseas painters can replicate it and it leaves little to no contrast between Godzilla and the rocks/base.

It looks pretty cool from that angle imo, and I don't particularly like the creature design...

Also, paint doesn't look flat at all to me.

well I guess I AM color blind then ! Oh well, unless the price magically drops, I won't get this version

The paint doesn't look terribly complex, which is fine for Godzilla. The $800 price tag is the problem for me.

It's obviously best viewed from the top lol. The official product photos would have been re-touched anyway.
The display piece at SDCC doesn't reflect $800-quality detailing and paintwork IMO

image.jpg
image.jpg

As much as the overall color of this Godzilla is simple, there is room for subtle effects on his skin.

If you look here, you can see there's wear and tear on on his scales, it would have been cool to see the paint job with such weathering. There's a tendency in all Godzilla products to not account for dirt or anything on him when he's always got something in the movies.

godzillab1.jpg

As much as the overall color of this Godzilla is simple, there is room for subtle effects on his skin.

If you look here, you can see there's wear and tear on on his scales, it would have been cool to see the paint job with such weathering. There's a tendency in all Godzilla products to not account for dirt or anything on him when he's always got something in the movies.

godzillab1.jpg

What, your not happy with the random green blotches all over the proto? :monkey3

Back