Sideshow GODZILLA Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. Gladiator Hulk and Apocalypse are almost as big and much more intricate for $600.
They're both great figures but in terms of serious detail I think Zilla takes it man.

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

They're both great figures but in terms of serious detail I think Zilla takes it man.
Deffo not a flat paintjob like some are saying.
Now, the production piece...

My local retailer didn't price this up today.
Love ordering locally, cheaper and easy cancel if it doesn't turn out perfect.

How is this such an expensive piece to produce? There is no clothing/tailoring or fine work required really. It's a solid sculpt with (to be honest) not as greater detailing in the scales and plates as there could've been and the base and paint are both pretty average. Throw the size into the mix and this should be no more than $600 MAX.

TOHO :lecture:lecture:lecture

Oh the detail is really nice for sure. No qualms there for me.

Deffo not a flat paintjob like some are saying.
Now, the production piece...

My local retailer didn't price this up today.
Love ordering locally, cheaper and easy cancel if it doesn't turn out perfect.

I wouldn't call it flat, like I said, looks chalky to me. Doesn't look like the scales of a mostly aquatic creature. Looks like he's spent the last decade in the desert. I want some moisture, some glisten, some sort of softness to the look.

Would Toho even have a say in this piece? Wouldn't Legendary Pictures control the merchandising for their own movie? Its not like the NECA toys are $150 or something crazy just because it's Godzilla. Their figures aren't much more than other toys for the same size. Why is Sideshow's so much then?

Would Toho even have a say in this piece? Wouldn't Legendary Pictures control the merchandising for their own movie? Its not like the NECA toys are $150 or something crazy just because it's Godzilla. Their figures aren't much more than other toys for the same size. Why is Sideshow's so much then?
Depends on cost to produce too, like thousands and thousands of plastic toys vs. high end statue with a limited release; already has a much higher price attached to it from the get-go

Apparently this is a picture of 24" NECA godzilla coming out soon. I don't collect figures, but considering this will be over $700 cheaper and the detailing looks pretty good, you have to really wonder.

image.jpg

Apparently this is a picture of 24" NECA godzilla coming out soon. I don't collect figures, but considering this will be over $700 cheaper and the detailing looks pretty good, you have to really wonder.

View attachment 134096
Lol you can't compare that to this. There is a Huge difference in quality m8

I don't know about that. The paint on this statue is bland as hell with no depth to be seen. It's all gray or silver. I would say that figure's paint job won't be that far off from this statue. So far, I haven't read anyone that is locked into buying this for $800?

Lol you can't compare that to this. There is a Huge difference in quality m8

Obviously there is a difference in quality/materials however the detailing doesn't seem to be that much better to be honest. What I am saying is if someone wants a reasonably sized Godzilla and doesn't have $800 to spare, this might be an option.

Obviously there is a difference in quality/materials however the detailing doesn't seem to be that much better to be honest. What I am saying is if someone wants a reasonably sized Godzilla and doesn't have $800 to spare, this might be an option.
Agreed, this is definitely an option. However myself personally I'd rather put that $150 or so towards getting this guy. Maybe another $200 in RP on top and I drop the rest. I'm hoping he doesn't sell out til like next spring or later so I'll have more RP towards getting him :)

I used that same logic when I bought my 18 inch NECA knifehead thinking that it would be fine, that I wouldn't care about the $400 sideshow statue. In pictures the NECA even looked a bit better.

Then I got NECA knifehead in hand and realized it was barely worth $30 let alone the 130 it cost. I sold it 3 days later, bought the sideshow statue. It was like trading in a watch bought at sanrio surprise for a rolex.

I used that same logic when I bought my 18 inch NECA knifehead thinking that it would be fine, that I wouldn't care about the $400 sideshow statue. In pictures the NECA even looked a bit better.

Then I got NECA knifehead in hand and realized it was barely worth $30 let alone the 130 it cost. I sold it 3 days later, bought the sideshow statue. It was like trading in a watch bought at sanrio surprise for a rolex.

Even though I hated Pacific Rim and I really liked Godzilla, even I'd admit that Knifehead statue looks way better than Godzilla in the paint app and detail department for more than half the cost. I wouldn't pay more than $500-600 for this Godzilla cause I would need a repaint for him. I like the sculpt though

Even though I hated Pacific Rim and I really liked Godzilla, even I'd admit that Knifehead statue looks way better than Godzilla in the paint app and detail department for more than half the cost. I wouldn't pay more than $500-600 for this Godzilla cause I would need a repaint for him. I like the sculpt though

Oh I didn't mean to compare knifehead statue to this statue... I was just using that example as a parallel of NECA stuff looking good in photos and being utter **** in person.

I agree this Godzilla should be and feels like a $600 statue. I may still get it, but it will depend. At this point a solid giant X-Plus looks better than this. The sculpt is fantastic though.

Back