Sideshow GODZILLA Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Upcoming Sideshow GODZILLA Collectibles

Sideshow likes dynamic posing, I think they just wanted to make something more interesting than a just standing there statue.

As long as it looks right, then yes.
I'm getting anxious to see the full reveal. I do like what I see in it so far.

The pacific rim statues had really **** poses. Sideshow try too hard to be different sometimes that it ends up hurting them.

The pacific rim statues had really **** poses. Sideshow try too hard to be different sometimes that it ends up hurting them.

that, plus the size!

that, plus the size!

omg tell me about it! I liked the pacific rim movie but damn if those statues did nothing for me! The size was terrible, and the design/concept was just poor and didn't really highlight the thing that made those robots/whatever they were (I'm having a hard time recalling) cool and unique. That at least doesn't appear to be the case hear, as regardless he's standing upright and theres not too much you can do to mess it up (although who knows w/ SS:wink1:) As long as theres some good size and it looks good, which I think it will, il be considering--but i LOVE that piece legacy made/displayed in their artbook!

Different strokes, folks. The PACIFIC RIM Knifehead statue is a masterpiece imo, and is selling out way faster than anyone expected (less than 50 left!). The size is perfect (it's a large horizontal sculpt, as opposed to the 23" tall Slattern), the presentation most engaging (even including the little ship for scale), and the entire piece allows us to appreciate just how much imagination went into the design of this bizarre creature, one we only see in quickly-edited glimpses during PACIFIC RIM itself. Finally, that light-up feature is irresistible... who the heck wouldn't want a Knifehead nightlamp, with that cool blue ocean light and his open mouth all aglow! I tried to say "no" to this baby at first, because I'm running out of room (not to mention bucks). But the piece was simply too impressive to ignore. I intend to buy Slattern, as well, and position these two beasties in a face-off arrangement, as if they're preparing to fight... who even needs the giant robots? I've always been more of a monster man myself. The grotesque, almost Lovecraftian look of these PACIFIC RIM behemoths really spoke to me, and having great statues of them to study at length puts a smile on my face. Like I said, each to his own taste...

I actually dug the PR statues. Sizes were manageable, poses were good for me (some were actually great), and they had visual appeal. Only reason I didn't get them is the same reason I didn't buy any figures either: I don't see Pacific Rim as iconic enough to warrant buying stuff from.

im glad you guys liked them, guess they just weren't for me, but thats why i don't buy everything..well that and budget haha

...and, even if your money holds out and you still have some display room, where do you put all those giant boxes if you live in an apartment?! My closets are stuffed with SS packaging. Does present a problem!

Different strokes, folks. The PACIFIC RIM Knifehead statue is a masterpiece imo, and is selling out way faster than anyone expected (less than 50 left!). The size is perfect (it's a large horizontal sculpt, as opposed to the 23" tall Slattern), the presentation most engaging (even including the little ship for scale), and the entire piece allows us to appreciate just how much imagination went into the design of this bizarre creature, one we only see in quickly-edited glimpses during PACIFIC RIM itself. Finally, that light-up feature is irresistible... who the heck wouldn't want a Knifehead nightlamp, with that cool blue ocean light and his open mouth all aglow! I tried to say "no" to this baby at first, because I'm running out of room (not to mention bucks). But the piece was simply too impressive to ignore. I intend to buy Slattern, as well, and position these two beasties in a face-off arrangement, as if they're preparing to fight... who even needs the giant robots? I've always been more of a monster man myself. The grotesque, almost Lovecraftian look of these PACIFIC RIM behemoths really spoke to me, and having great statues of them to study at length puts a smile on my face. Like I said, each to his own taste...

I'm glad to here you say this. The Knifehed has been given a torrid time and very unfairly imo. It looks awesome! People get too hung up on height alone, yes he's 17" which compared to your average PF doesn't sound like much... but he's also 20" long, very wide and of solid build, he's pretty big indeed then. Any bigger and I'd struggle to display him I think.

Not to mention SS worked very closely with Del Toro on this line so they have awesome pedigree which is always nice. They also had access to all of the schematics and digital models etc so accuracy will be as good as it can be. The pose is fine, the production paint even looks to be pretty good, the light up feature is excellently implemented. I am very much looking forward to the Fed Ex guy knocking on my door tomorrow with this one. Plus, The knifehead is a great design, I much prefer it to the new Godzilla personally which takes us back to each to their own. The Jaegars don't have good poses for me so I wont buy them unfortunately, but the Knifehead is ace.

Gipsy Danger is the only Pacific Rim statue that had an odd and unappealing pose, IMO.

Do we work for Sideshow PR? Nope! We just recognize a terrific statue when we see it, and wish to share our positive feelings with other fans who feel exactly the same way. The fact that these are selling faster than expected pretty much says it all... since the character isn't iconic like Godzilla, it's the cool aspects of the sculpt and presentation itself that are generating sales. That's certainly why I finally threw in the towel and secured one.

Wonder how long for the painted version to be shown...

I'm thinking tomorrow or Thursday with the newsletter.

SS said Godzilla won't be ready for po until a few more months. They hope to have it on display at SDCC. So I doubt we see any pics for a good while.

im glad you guys liked them, guess they just weren't for me, but thats why i don't buy everything..well that and budget haha

I don't care for them either... they are just not great monster designs to me. Actually I liked the one that could fly and the Crab.... But that was about it... Knifehead was OK but nothing great for me.

Do we work for Sideshow PR? Nope! We just recognize a terrific statue when we see it, and wish to share our positive feelings with other fans who feel exactly the same way. The fact that these are selling faster than expected pretty much says it all... since the character isn't iconic like Godzilla, it's the cool aspects of the sculpt and presentation itself that are generating sales. That's certainly why I finally threw in the towel and secured one.

How the hell (not trying to be rude btw) do you have any idea about a) current sales figures, b) expected figures, c) rate of sales, in order to make that statement?

I don't care for them either... they are just not great monster designs to me. Actually I liked the one that could fly and the Crab.... But that was about it... Knifehead was OK but nothing great for me.

yea to me knifehead is the best looking piece, but then at 17 inches it just seems a little small to me..the other ones were relatively generic imo.

Back