Sideshow GODZILLA Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Upcoming Sideshow GODZILLA Collectibles

No offense taken, a2themonster (the rudeness thing). In all fairness, though, when someone gushes over a new piece they love, you shouldn't mistake that for "pushing the company line" or something; it's an honest reaction -- one most collectors understand -- and to infer anything else so tersely might hurt people's feelings. As for "how the hell" I got my information (love it, man... I was born in Brooklyn!) about Knifehead's popularity, I found that out in the most logical of ways: I was on the fence about making the purchase, and hoped I could avoid it. First I figured, "PACIFIC RIM is loved by a handful of us geekboys, but it really didn't make the dent in pop culture the way everyone originally expected (no sequels). Besides, this is the year of GODZILLA. So maybe I'll hold off." What happened? This truly bizarre monster that amounts to a cult character was so impressive in statue form, with charming light-up features besides, that the "Hurry up! They're selling fast!" warnings starting appearing, first in the SS newsletter. They've got less than 50 of these babies, even as I type! I quickly made arrangements for one, as did many collectors who post in the SS thread. SSAlex even visited that thread to confirm that their number was dwindling, but that there was still time to secure one. Again, because PACIFIC RIM is not STAR WARS, I got the impression that Knifehead's relative popularity took a number of people by surprise. Anyway. Make of all this what you will...

If SS li sun to the fans, their Pacific rims line would sell 5x better

Sorry -- I was asked some questions and I answered them, honestly and politely. I didn't realize that being rude and NOT answering was the preferred approach here. Take care, guys... hope the Godzilla maquette turns out killer.

Good chance I will be priced out of this one but fingers crossed. Love the 2014 design! :pray:

Just saw Godzilla, is it just me or Godzilla needs a diet? Hahaha

Just you, this is actually one of the leaner, more muscular Godzilla designs.

We don't know the scale yet, or the complexity of the base etc.

The P2 maquette ruined any optimism I had about prices lately...

Yup it was the P2 Maquette that made me wary of any piece they now title Maquette. If it had just been a Godzilla statue then I may have hoped for a Gladiator Hulk kinda price give or take. Right now I have to wait and see before I get excited.

I was really hoping that this would have a city themed base.... More of a Diorama.... Yes I know it would cost big bucks but I still can dream.

I was really hoping that this would have a city themed base.... More of a Diorama.... Yes I know it would cost big bucks but I still can dream.

Yeah, some debris down by his feet would look good. Maybe even a MUTO's head. :)

I think the first page should be updated to include the latest pics up to the reveal.

Here's what we have so far:

0.jpg

Sideshow-Godzilla-Maquette-Teaser.jpg

Back