Sideshow Gladiator Hulk Maquette 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new IM Mark III bust is $1250. They’re definitely rising

I’m still not sure why everyone was surprised by the price for that bust. It’s in line with other movie based Busts released in the past couple of years. And the price rise from the last Iron Man Bust is barely 25%, whereas over the same period premium formats have increased by at around 50%, and that’s not including ‘Sideshow Maquettes’ like Juggeranut etc.

25% is still a lot

Yes, I don’t disagree. But the Mark 42 bust came out four years ago, so it probably went up for preorder 5 years ago for $999.

It’s just that I think there are far better examples to show the astronomical rise in prices. That bust has gone from $1,000 to $1,250, whereas PF’s have gone from around $400 to $600 (if not more) over the same period.

Weren’t Gladiator Hulk/King Hulk seen as being extremely expensive when they came out so many years ago? These days, even for the going rate on the secondary market, they seem a downright bargain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They sold for $599.99 each. I don't know what the price of this Hulk will be, but the Juggernaut which is a similar size is selling for $1350.00 so that's $150 more than double the price. Insanity! So glad I don't collect at this scale anymore because it is a really nice statue.

Yeah the Marvel license fee has

That's conjecture. Even if true, it has not resulted in costs for many other marvel collectibles doubling. People complain about Hot Toy's price increase and they've only gone up 20-25% (maybe a bit more for Iron Man) in the same time period. XM prices haven't come close to doubling either.

That's conjecture. Even if true, it has not resulted in costs for many other marvel collectibles doubling. People complain about Hot Toy's price increase and they've only gone up 20-25% (maybe a bit more for Iron Man) in the same time period. XM prices haven't come close to doubling either.

And for the Iron Man figures it’s the Diecast Tax.

5+ years ago in this hobby is quickly becoming ancient history and Marvel is probably the most popular license overall right now. Sideshows biggest market is definitely north america. I'm interested but not likely to pay what sideshow wants for it.

Last edited:
Yea, I won't pay what SSC is going to be asking for it either. I'm already assuming is going to be too much.

Its a good thing I'm not pressed to get a Gladiator Hulk. I just need a classic Hulk statue for my collection.

For the record I have ordered a SS piece since the new Rogue and that was my limit for what I'm willing to pay for SS quality. My money will be moving to XM and customs.

Yea, I won't pay what SSC is going to be asking for it either. I'm already assuming is going to be too much.

Its a good thing I'm not pressed to get a Gladiator Hulk. I just need a classic Hulk statue for my collection.

All I need is a classic HULK as well. Unfortunately, I don't like any 1/4 classic HULK PFs sideshow has already released. Actually, I haven't liked any 1/4 licensed classic HULK statues by any company over the years. Thankfully, that has changed with the XM transformation HULK. I finally found a phenomenal looking 1/4 classic HULK for my collection. It's not going to be cheap but I knew I needed this HULK as soon as I saw it. Now, if only I can find a classic 1/4 Cap that I feel as strongly about, my world would be all good.

Back