1/6 Sideshow GI Joe line on Hiatus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't SSC goi.g more towards statues and PFs anyway? I'm disappointed but not shocked. I do wish we could have gotten deeper into the line instead of repaints and dios.

no one(alex) never said it was dead..just nothing new coming out to show this year..so there is still hope..i haven't been into SSC that long..so i don't know what happens when they have said that about other lines....but there is still hope maybe....

if they are done for good...more power for me and my custom suits, i guess....d'oh!

:lol
That's how slim our chances are?

I look at it this way, if the hiatus is only a year, that's a year of wallet savings if nothing else. Has any line (besides I guess F13 now) ever done a 1 year hiatus and returned?

I'd love to hear what some of your sources are saying. I know some of you have connections, and while I don't expect you to name names, I'm sure most people here would appreciate any additional information you have.

We just want the dirt King. A little clarity for those of us lost in the reeds.

I'm pretty sure he knows exactly what I know, which is what I've been posting repeatedly since I found out. No new figures are planned because the line is done in terms of the foreseeable future.

Another way of putting it would be to say it's "on hold". Those words are not the beam of hope we're all waiting for. They do not mean "later". They mean this line is dead, short of a Christmas miracle.

Invest birthday wishes and stuff. Sacrifice doves. Maybe a bull. Pray. A lot. Every little bit helps.

What do you need? The only Sideshow rep we have, posted, no new projects on the board, but she hopes they have something next year, but she hasn't been told yet there will be anything for next year either.
That's the facts as they stand. Other people have posted that their friends/sources at SSC are further confirming nothing is planned.
There's nothing further, you're in a thread titled Joe hiatus where we're discussing what we know, we removed the discussion from the Destro thread for those that don't want to hear 'doom and gloom', sorry, if you don't want to hear our thoughts, don't click it.

Dude, I don't even know what you're talking about. I asked King what information he's been given by his sources, that's all. I'm well aware of the info being passed around in this thread, I was simply asking KD what he's heard or being told by what he claims are reliable sources. I posed that question to him and him alone. I would have thought that was clear.

And really, none of us need to be told to "stop clicking on it." We'll all read what we please and respond in an manner we like. I asked KD a question directly, I don't see why you feel the need to get involved.

I'm pretty sure he knows exactly what I know, which is what I've been posting repeatedly since I found out. No new figures are planned because the line is done in terms of the foreseeable future.

Another way of putting it would be to say it's "on hold". Those words are not the beam of hope we're all waiting for. They do not mean "later". They mean this line is dead, short of a Christmas miracle.

Invest birthday wishes and stuff. Sacrifice doves. Maybe a bull. Pray. A lot. Every little bit helps.

Gotcha man. Thanks.

what we all should be doing is flooding the SSC FB page with our concerns and worries about this..show them that we don't want it to end...sometimes things like that, can really help out...if they see how many of us they are letting down....it may get them to rethink things a bit...you never know...

what we all should be doing is flooding the SSC FB page with our concerns and worries about this..show them that we don't want it to end...sometimes things like that, can really help out...if they see how many of us they are letting down....it may get them to rethink things a bit...you never know...

I don't think Sideshow even pays attention to comments on Facebook....they advertise all day long on Facebook,but there is barely any inter-action with their customers comments.My impression is they just want to sell,sell,sell and not be bothered by questions or demands

I don't think Sideshow even pays attention to comments on Facebook....they advertise all day long on Facebook,but there is barely any inter-action with their customers comments.My impression is they just want to sell,sell,sell and not be bothered by questions or demands

I Think your Right.

Sideshow would sell sell sell more more more if they actually paid attention and listened to what their customers wanted. :lecture

This.

There are many things being developed, focused on and made at Sideshow show right now, G I Joe is NOT one of them.

They had to stop making Joe so they could focus on the just announced Evil Dead licence.

This is the only line that I collect and the only line that got me started in the 1/6 scale.
I have bought them all and even some environments to go with them. I've been disappointed with this news that the line is dead or MIGHT return next year.
I'll give it a year to see what is going to happen. If my shelves don't have any hope of growing then I think I'll just sell everything. I enjoyed looking forward to the next Joe coming out. But for me, if that is gone what's the point. I just wanted this line to keep going for a long time. Wishful thinking I know but I did.

There are many things being developed, focused on and made at Sideshow show right now, G I Joe is NOT one of them.
And this is the very reason why I went and cancelled all my pre orders of their new DC, Nathan and Snake Pliskin figures.
They took the Joe resources and parted them out for these other lines and thats just not acceptable to me.

Last edited:
This is the only line that I collect and the only line that got me started in the 1/6 scale.
I have bought them all and even some environments to go with them. I've been disappointed with this news that the line is dead or MIGHT return next year.
I'll give it a year to see what is going to happen. If my shelves don't have any hope of growing then I think I'll just sell everything. I enjoyed looking forward to the next Joe coming out. But for me, if that is gone what's the point. I just wanted this line to keep going for a long time. Wishful thinking I know but I did.

amen, same story!! til Tuesday til destro gets here.

Back