1/6 Sideshow GI Joe line on Hiatus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, SDCC is coming. Wonder what sideshow is going to show! We'll come to know preview night I suppose but I still can't wait.

Josh, are you going?

again bro...Alex specifically said No Joes will be shown at SDCC...are you in denial a bit? :)

Well, I do know a guy who knows a guy who's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate,'s next door neibhor is a night janitor at sideshow, and he heard through him that the DC line is getting canceld after superman. seems legit. they haven't shown any other figures since him.

This discussion would all end if someone from Sideshow in the know would chime in and say "more figures coming" or "It's over guys"

I don't understand why Sideshow doesn't at least care enough to make any kind of statement about it...paying customers want to know!
They just don't care about us anymore, teemu. THEY JUST DON'T CARE!!!

g784bd218.gif

This discussion would all end if someone from Sideshow in the know would chime in and say "more figures coming" or "It's over guys"

I don't understand why Sideshow doesn't at least care enough to make any kind of statement about it...paying customers want to know!

Because being vague about the future of the line won't hurt the sales of the existing figures that are in stock, while coming out and saying "its over" will potentially hurt sales of the in stock merch to people who won't see the point in buying current figures for a dead line.

I disagree. It would make Scal-Por come out of the woodwork and snatch up all the remaining stock, and sit on it, expecting it to be woth gold.

I'm surprised that the Josh considers all those other SSC employees unreliable. But now we know. . .

That's not exactly what I said. :lol

Well, SDCC is coming. Wonder what sideshow is going to show! We'll come to know preview night I suppose but I still can't wait.

Josh, are you going?

I will be there. Last one for me.

I disagree. It would make Scal-Por come out of the woodwork and snatch up all the remaining stock, and sit on it, expecting it to be woth gold.

Completely disagree

All the other dead 1:6 lines worth anything now?

You can't give away the lotr figures now

What was posted above is spot on, they've said nothing in order to keep sales moving of their overstocked inventory

And per your earlier comment, what retards said the SW 1:6 line was dead? Never saw those comments in the thread

Accept when the whole topic is a rumor and idol gossip.

It is NOT idol gossip.

YUP, back when sideshow was a different company, with different people working there, with different policies in place. you know, like, talking to us.

When did we ever hear anything reliable that didn't come from CAHobbit in the past 5 years?

Have we ever had someone other than Alex confirm unequivocally what she reliably told us? Because that happened.

Source other than your butt please .

A non-customer service employee of SSC who wishes to remain unnamed.

He's correct.

Thanks for having my 6.:duff

They have. To me. May the Joe line be well met in the clearing at the end of the path.

^^^Did they come to you in a dream?

Look, I know everyone wants to be the one to say "I told you so," but why is it so necessary to **** on those who are being optimistic. Some of you hated the Sideshow Joe line that much...? If that were the case it seems to me that you all wasted a lot of money. I bought the figures as much out of loyalty to Sideshow as I did out of loyalty to the Joe brand. Sideshow sold me with an updated, modern version/interpretation of Joe that appealed to my more adult sensibilities; that's what got the hook in. And although I would've loved card art accurate versions of the figures, I never once had an issue with their decision to do their own thing. Did I love every release? No. Do I think the prices got a little too high? Yes. But up to this point I haven't been so dissatisfied with anything they've given us to want to completely abandon the line when there are so many figures I'd like to see that are left undone.

Whatever, I guess I'm just a Sideshow apologist because I appreciate and still enjoy the some 30 odd Joes I've purchased from them.

^^^Did they come to you in a dream?

Look, I know everyone wants to be the one to say "I told you so," but why is it so necessary to **** on those who are being optimistic. Some of you hated the Sideshow Joe line that much...? If that were the case it seems to me that you all wasted a lot of money. I bought the figures as much out of loyalty to Sideshow as I did out of loyalty to the Joe brand. Sideshow sold me with an updated, modern version/interpretation of Joe that appealed to my more adult sensibilities; that's what got the hook in. And although I would've loved card art accurate versions of the figures, I never once I had an issue with their decision to do their own thing. Did I love every release? No. Do I think the prices got a little too high? Yes. But to this point I haven't been so dissatisfied with anything they've given us to want to completely abandon the line when there are so many figures I'd like to see left undone.

Whatever, I guess I'm just a Sideshow apologist because I appreciate and still enjoy the some 30 odd Joes I've purchased from them.

I agree with you because I enjoyed Sideshow Joe line myself and wasn't disappointed in a single figure I have....it's just as History shows,when Sideshow "takes a break" with a line,it's actually the end of the line (Sorry,rehashing Friday the 13th again 10 years later does not count)

I believe nothing devil says.

Having said that, I have been told the same thing, and I do believe my sources.

However, people have every right to remain optimistic. People out there still believe Elvis is alive, so :dunno

I agree with you because I enjoyed Sideshow Joe line myself and wasn't disappointed in a single figure I have....it's just as History shows,when Sideshow "takes a break" with a line,it's actually the end of the line (Sorry,rehashing Friday the 13th again 10 years later does not count)

This goes for me to, I'm more mad than anything that the line won't come back as I loved what they did with the Lind aside from the wasted environments

I just don't see why people are optimistic when the facts in front of us history has the shown the opposite.

One thing is for sure, the person who was planning and in charge of this line sure likes the Cobras more than the Joes.
It's like there are three popular Joes for every single popular Cobra they didn't produce.

Terribly mismanaged line.

:dunno

You are certainly free to not believe me.

Just to be clear, the bulk of my comments weren't aimed directly at you or any one person. I just think it's harsh to knock folks who are trying to stay positive. That's as a general rule.

I believe nothing devil says.

Having said that, I have been told the same thing, and I do believe my sources.

However, people have every right to remain optimistic. People out there still believe Elvis is alive, so :dunno

I'd love to hear what some of your sources are saying. I know some of you have connections, and while I don't expect you to name names, I'm sure most people here would appreciate any additional information you have.

We just want the dirt King. A little clarity for those of us lost in the reeds.

What do you need? The only Sideshow rep we have, posted, no new projects on the board, but she hopes they have something next year, but she hasn't been told yet there will be anything for next year either.
That's the facts as they stand. Other people have posted that their friends/sources at SSC are further confirming nothing is planned.
There's nothing further, you're in a thread titled Joe hiatus where we're discussing what we know, we removed the discussion from the Destro thread for those that don't want to hear 'doom and gloom', sorry, if you don't want to hear our thoughts, don't click it.

Back