1/6 Sideshow GI Joe line on Hiatus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What ever happened to ask Sideshow? They would field reasonable questions and give info as to what was going on. Some clarity would be appreciated.

Yes and No. one comment on the QnA boards that they wouldn't have any new figures at SDCC this year for joe, which was later clarified that they don't have any of the new figures ready yet, but hope to have them ready for next year led to this sky is falling insanity. Hisstank mods are the first ones to use the word "on hold" or "hiatus", NOT sideshow.

worth noting that DC had no presence at SDCC a year after they were announced, and everyone started dooming and glooming over those too. Or that one year sideshow had no new star wars, only recent and pending releases ( was that last year? or the year before or the year beofre? I forget) and everyone thougth that meant sideshow was stopping SW 1/6th and giving it to hot toys.

Same old song and dance.

Just gonna say it again. Sideshow of today is NOT sideshow of old.

Exactly which is why it's a waist of time to be a voice of reason just sit back and grab some popcorn and watch "as the G.i.joe's turn" the soap opera that is this thread.

Last edited:
Then the table is set for a big reveal at Comic-Con!

Optimism, fellas!

Sweetie like the rep told me the proto's haven't been started yet which is why there not going to show any Joe's at comic con. when all the proto's are finished they will release pics etc etc like i posted way earlier. but let the doom and gloom party have there hurrah's

A simple message from a Sideshow Rep (that's in the know) would put an end to all of this "Hey Guys,our 1/6 GI Joe line isn't done yet,look for new figures in 2015"

It's just that Simple.

That's the spirit Teemu! :rock

You mean when like when those new Indiana Jones figures are ready after 3 years? Yeah, right, sweetie. We've heard it all before.

Sweetie like the rep told me the proto's haven't been started yet which is why there not going to show any Joe's at comic con. when all the proto's are finished they will release pics etc etc like i posted way earlier. but let the doom and gloom party have there hurrah's

And let the SSC apologists continue to pump their tires despite the years of history and precedence

What ever happened to ask Sideshow? They would field reasonable questions and give info as to what was going on. Some clarity would be appreciated.

Take the Ask Sideshow answers with a grain of salt. I'd say more than five years ago I asked a question in regards to Catalog 11. They had a page featuring an interview with Larry Hama, and the page showed file cards of Snake Eyes (produced twice), Cobra Commander (produced twice), Storm Shadow (produced twice), and Snow Job. I asked if that meant Snow Job was being made, to which they responded (paraphrasing, of course) "Good eye! Snow Job is in development!"

Of course, nothing. We got snow jobbed on Snow Job.

They also stated in Ask Sideshow that Shockwave was being developed around the same time that they said Firefly was being developed.

proto's of WHO???? I'll believe it when I see it or there is an actual leak

Take the Ask Sideshow answers with a grain of salt. I'd say more than five years ago I asked a question in regards to Catalog 11. They had a page featuring an interview with Larry Hama, and the page showed file cards of Snake Eyes (produced twice), Cobra Commander (produced twice), Storm Shadow (produced twice), and Snow Job. I asked if that meant Snow Job was being made, to which they responded (paraphrasing, of course) "Good eye! Snow Job is in development!"

Of course, nothing. We got snow jobbed on Snow Job.

They also stated in Ask Sideshow that Shockwave was being developed around the same time that they said Firefly was being developed.

I remember EVERY ask Sideshow...if the answers were true we would of already had (Sideshow answered 2 of my questions)

Snowjob
Gung-ho
Shipwreck
Roadblock
Snow Serpent
Shockwave
Scarlet
Tunnel Rat
B.A.T.S
Croc Master
Spirit

mentionables Tomax/Xamot,Blowtorch

I remember EVERY ask Sideshow...if the answers were true we would of already had (Sideshow answered 2 of my questions)

Snowjob
Gung-ho
Shipwreck
Roadblock
Snow Serpent
Shockwave
Scarlet
Tunnel Rat
B.A.T.S
Croc Master
Spirit

mentionables Tomax/Xamot,Blowtorch

Instead we got:

Blown up corner of a house environment.
Generic wall in in the desert environment.
Generic jungle thing environment.
The other blown up corner of a house environment.
Some big computer thingy for Hawk environment.

Why not the Cobra Battle Bunker? GIJoe Missile/Machine Gun/Mortar Defense Units that were, you know, part of GIJoe????

Oh and don't forget, out of proportion looking Baroness statue with worst thin rimmed glasses in history...in 3 different colors.

WTG Sideshow!!

Guy's you do realize this is a company that makes collectibles. it's like asking pandora "what's in the box" Your asking for some advance notice or produce something that maybe not ment to be released as of yet. Why not ask hot toys hey you better tell us what you got lined up or else we will blog about it to death which is essentially what this thread is. If anyone is killing the line it's this childish banter about what if...

And just because they don't just show there whole candy cart for 2015 right now your kinda throwing a temper tantrum because you want it now and if you don't get it now then it's all over with.

sure sideshow has done drop the line and move on to something else but if sideshow says they still have G.I.Joe they still have G.I.Joe they can't sit on a license this cost them money to hold it in the 1st place. You don't get it for free. and haven't you heard the line the more you talk about =something you dread the more you will make it materialize. So just drop it and wait.

Awaits the response to this that will help this discussion go down the toilet. :lol

Like the following crapfest accusing people who are discussing the topic and not insulting one another of childish banter and accusing us of throwing temper tantrums? It's getting old and tiresome that you cannot give your opinion on pretty much anything anymore without someone attacking YOU for having the opinion.

Guy's you do realize this is a company that makes collectibles. it's like asking pandora "what's in the box" Your asking for some advance notice or produce something that maybe not ment to be released as of yet. Why not ask hot toys hey you better tell us what you got lined up or else we will blog about it to death which is essentially what this thread is. If anyone is killing the line it's this childish banter about what if...

And just because they don't just show there whole candy cart for 2015 right now your kinda throwing a temper tantrum because you want it now and if you don't get it now then it's all over with.

sure sideshow has done drop the line and move on to something else but if sideshow says they still have G.I.Joe they still have G.I.Joe they can't sit on a license this cost them money to hold it in the 1st place. You don't get it for free. and haven't you heard the line the more you talk about =something you dread the more you will make it materialize. So just drop it and wait.

post-26056-Antonio-Banderas-reaction-gif-RNWc.gif

Who says Sideshow PAID for the license???? perhaps for every figure they make, Hasbro gets a sum of money.Maybe they can hold the license (actually borrow it) and if they don't make figures,Hasbro doesn't get paid

Like the following crapfest accusing people who are discussing the topic and not insulting one another of childish banter and accusing us of throwing temper tantrums? It's getting old and tiresome that you cannot give your opinion on pretty much anything anymore without someone attacking YOU for having the opinion.

Pretty much. It's swirling. :lol

They still have the license and they have no figures currently planned.

If Sideshow doesn't have to pay Hasbro for the license unless they sell figure, then couldn't Hasbro just take it back?

Back