Premium Format Sideshow Friday the 13th Jason Voorhees: Legend of Crystal Lake Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, agreed. That's why I think that the only way we'll see 'sack head' Jason is with a Remake version as an alternate head. I wouldn't agree with it but I'd understand it from a business point of view.

That's probably the best way to get a Part 2 out to the masses and still capitalize on sales. The outfit won't be accurate, but at least Sideshow isn't left with a huge inventory for the 'Double Rewards' and 'Free shipping' bin. :lol

Dunno. I think a part 2 could do reasonably well if they do a small production of them.

I don't get why SS is wasting their time on another Jason. There's not a lot they can do that hasn't already been done. I own a Jason scream scene which is my all time favorite and a Jason from Freddy vs Jason, so I don't need another Jason just standing there to go with my Jason just standing there. Same goes for Freddy PFs...same ol' thing.

I don't get why SS is wasting their time on another Jason. There's not a lot they can do that hasn't already been done. I own a Jason scream scene which is my all time favorite and a Jason from Freddy vs Jason, so I don't need another Jason just standing there to go with my Jason just standing there. Same goes for Freddy PFs...same ol' thing.
You don't need another Jason, doesn't mean there aren't plenty of people who won't buy anither Jason or who missed the other Jasons and need one. Same with Freddy.

I guess what I'm getting at is there are a lot of characters SS hasnt done so I wish they would focus on that rather than re-re-re-releasing the same characters over and over. Make me a Mad Max, Duncan McCloud, Michael Myers, Clint Eastwood from any western...before making another boring ass Jason! If you don't already own a Jason then look on eBay. I'm sure there are 573 to choose from.

I guess what I'm getting at is there are a lot of characters SS hasnt done so I wish they would focus on that rather than re-re-re-releasing the same characters over and over. Make me a Mad Max, Duncan McCloud, Michael Myers, Clint Eastwood from any western...before making another boring ass Jason! If you don't already own a Jason then look on eBay. I'm sure there are 573 to choose from.

I kinda feel the same way. It's like reboots of classic films. I already own both ex versions of the last Jason and Freddy and am more than happy with them but if these ones turn out better somehow maybe I'll bite since I'm a huge fan of the characters. If not... m'eh, I've still got the good ones. But a Mad Max pf? That is my dream. And we really need Michael Myers already. And there are tons of other iconic film characters out there that Sideshow still needs to cover.

You have to understand what goes into getting the rights to make these Statues. They need to obtain the license agreement to do so. Clint Eastwood has to sign off on the likeness rights and then you also have obtain the film rights to the character, expensive and a hassle. Mad Max and Duncan Macleod, same deal. Myers, They have obtain the film rights, right now HCG has them, for at least the first film and we don't know if they're exclusive rights or not. That's one and two who says I like any of the other 1/4 scale Jason figures? Just because you like them doesn't mean everyone does. I've been wanting a part 6/7 Jason for a long time. The FVJ figure, meh, the Part 3 Jason, too clean.

SSC has the rights to these characters and they can make as many as they want between now and until that agreement runs out. It's not like they can just up and do characters on a whim, that's not how the world works.

You have to understand what goes into getting the rights to make these Statues. They need to obtain the license agreement to do so. Clint Eastwood has to sign off on the likeness rights and then you also have obtain the film rights to the character, expensive and a hassle. Mad Max and Duncan Macleod, same deal. Myers, They have obtain the film rights, right now HCG has them, for at least the first film and we don't know if they're exclusive rights or not. That's one and two who says I like any of the other 1/4 scale Jason figures? Just because you like them doesn't mean everyone does. I've been wanting a part 6/7 Jason for a long time. The FVJ figure, meh, the Part 3 Jason, too clean.

SSC has the rights to these characters and they can make as many as they want between now and until that agreement runs out. It's not like they can just up and do characters on a whim, that's not how the world works.

:goodpost::exactly: I got rid of the Freddy Doll-pose PF because I just didn't like that pose creatively or that cheap-ish printed sweater and the glove was too hidden. I ultimately decided not to buy the prior Jason PF because I just felt like I didn't love the sculpt enough. He just wasn't as scary looking or as realistic as Jason should look. As for F vs J PFs, I dont want to be rude to people that own them, but let's just say Sideshow has come a LONG way since those sculpts. I also hope these new PFs will have a PVC component to them which will add to the realism. Just imo of course :)

:goodpost::exactly: I got rid of the Freddy Doll-pose PF because I just didn't like that pose creatively or that cheap-ish printed sweater and the glove was too hidden. I ultimately decided not to buy the prior Jason PF because I just felt like I didn't love the sculpt enough. He just wasn't as scary looking or as realistic as Jason should look. As for F vs J PFs, I dont want to be rude to people that own them, but let's just say Sideshow has come a LONG way since those sculpts. I also hope these new PFs will have a PVC component to them which will add to the realism. Just imo of course :)

Oh yes, and I plan to buy these two. Sorry for quoting myself, couldn't edit.

Hey mistermark, what's your opinion of this concept art, buddy? Do you think this is a film version of J-to-the-V or a Terror of Crystal Lake style Sideshow's own interpretation kind of thing?

Typing this I do realize that non of us will really know until we at least get a preview of the actual piece but I was just curious about your initial thoughts as I like the cut of your jib. Even though, like the great Homer J, I'm not quite sure what a jib is. :doh

Hey mistermark, what's your opinion of this concept art, buddy? Do you think this is a film version of J-to-the-V or a Terror of Crystal Lake style Sideshow's own interpretation kind of thing?

Typing this I do realize that non of us will really know until we at least get a preview of the actual piece but I was just curious about your initial thoughts as I like the cut of your jib. Even though, like the great Homer J, I'm not quite sure what a jib is. :doh

I think the new PF will be a better take on Part 3 Jason with a hint of Part 4. They need to make him look more realistic and menacing than the last PF imo. Oh yeah, and thanks for liking my jib. ;) Really though, the PO for these two cannot come fast enough for me. My only concern is that Sideshow keeps Jason to 24 inches and under and Freddy closer in height to pinhead PF at 21 inches. Jason needs to tower over Freddy but still needs to fit in a Besta imo for display. Aside from all that, I think the concept art looks sick and I hope they give him his machete like seen in the art. If they did use PVC for the headsculpts, both Fred and Jay would look a lot more realistic ie: burns, veins, scars etc.

I think the new PF will be a better take on Part 3 Jason with a hint of Part 4. They need to make him look more realistic and menacing than the last PF imo. Oh yeah, and thanks for liking my jib. ;) Really though, the PO for these two cannot come fast enough for me. My only concern is that Sideshow keeps Jason to 24 inches and under and Freddy closer in height to pinhead PF at 21 inches. Jason needs to tower over Freddy but still needs to fit in a Besta imo for display. Aside from all that, I think the concept art looks sick and I hope they give him his machete like seen in the art. If they did use PVC for the headsculpts, both Fred and Jay would look a lot more realistic ie: burns, veins, scars etc.
MM, you getting Pinhead too?

Well congrats. I'm sure at some point when he's sold out and looking awesome in peoples collections, I might regret passing him up. :)

I feel that way about the Pinhead Neca bust. I bought the Freddy, Jason & Myers but I passed on Pinhead because even though I really like Hellraiser 1 & 2 I just don't love the character like Freddy or Jason, but I still wish I'd bought it at the time.

With Myers it's part 1 or nothing for me. If Sideshow did a PF of part 2 I'd have no interest in it as I don't like the film.

Agreed. SSC has a great opportunity to make these the definitive versions of the characters from their respective movies.

I'm excited to see a new part III PF, but I don't know why they chose ANOTHER part III over any other Jason. Maybe they just figured they could do it better.

Back