Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vader is definitely the most detailed figure in that second picture, as he should be. I don't even know what is going on with Boba's legs.

I actually agree with this approach. If I was assigned the job of drawing the second biggest comic of the year (after the main star wars comic) with the main protagonist being the most recognizable movie villain in history, I would certainly pony up the $250 for the most high-end, highly articulated version of the character to use as my model. Makes me wish even more that Sideshow didn't have significant inaccuracies as it affects the comic version. On the other hand, it does give the Sideshow doll a more substantial place in the history of the character that will make the figure still somewhat relevant even after better versions come along.

It's not crooked, it's stressing under the weight of his hand resting on it. That's attention to detail. :lecture The photo is missing the obligatory "pull my finger" text though.

EDIT: I just saw on a page back that Zeiss noticed it as well. Good catch!

I was reading through the new Marvel Star Wars comic today and saw preview images for the upcoming Darth Vader series. I wonder if the artists in Marvel used the SS vader for reference.

The look of the dome and helmet did seem really familiar.

Well, I did lower the dome and sand of a tiny bit of the bottom of the neck adapter but hey, it's not what I did to my ANH Vader. :lol

20140308_205917_zps64509df5.jpg

20140308_212645_zpsaf970c09.jpg

finally decided to cancel the po for HT vader and stick with SS one, Not perfect but i think its better value than HT

Could someone please let me know the width/height dimensions of the SSC ESB Vader chestbox?

Back