Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't being nasty, but those types of statements always make me chuckle. :lol

You need to make two major changes to even be half way to a nice custom with this Vader - new muscular body, & the ANH bodysuit.

That's the antithesis of minimal right there alone. :lol

Yeah, but it must be nice to not need a figure to be great. If a figure's just okay, and you're good with it and you don't mind the $250 plus shipping. Honestly. I wish I was like that. I want close to 100% accurate and I want it cheap (at least a lot cheaper than they want to sell these figs at - I see no reason why these figs shouldn't be $150 and under.) That's not good, in fact it sets yourself up to be an endless whiner.:lol:slap

I wasn't being nasty, but those types of statements always make me chuckle. :lol

You need to make two major changes to even be half way to a nice custom with this Vader - new muscular body, & the ANH bodysuit.

That's the antithesis of minimal right there alone. :lol

I think you can get away with just changing the suit to the ANH one. Problem with that is you have to buy the whole ANH figure as finding the suit is damn near impossible(I've been trying!!) lol. But I think the body works good. Hasbro dome doesn't hurt either. Still a nice Vader figure, though. Might finally pick it up since I have rewards points burning a hole in my pocket.

Finally have Vader on the shelf. I completely undressed the figure, put everything back on pulled tighter and adjusted to my liking. I believe I am just going to keep him stock. I really like him and don't see much need in spending any more money on tweaks. This will do just fine. I am not a good futzer or photographer, but here he is.

Last edited:
Finally have Vader on the shelf. I completely undressed the figure, put everything back on pulled tighter and adjusted to my liking. I believe I am just going to keep him stock. I really like him and don't see much need in spending any more money on tweaks. This will do just fine. I am not a good futzer or photographer, but here he is.

Great pics! He really is stunning out of the box. Its a good feeling knowing that you have Vader on the shelf. Everything else can wait haha.

Only thing that I did was tape up his thighs with cotton pads. Got rid of the crotch bunch and didn't spend a dime. :hi5:

Thanks KF. Yeah, I tried putting on thigh enhancers and it have him "THUNDER THIGHS" :lol
Ended up just pulling the suit down tight on the legs and securing before adding the boot tops and that helped (but still some wrinkling). The cotton balls sounds like a good idea too. :hi5

Every Sideshow figure is. Then when I wake up I realize it was the solvent fumes that stunned and knocked me out again. :rotfl

:lol Now, that is funny and true. Especially, with the Snow Trooper. That guy still smells, a year later.....

Thanks KF. Yeah, I tried putting on thigh enhancers and it have him "THUNDER THIGHS" :lol
Ended up just pulling the suit down tight on the legs and securing before adding the boot tops and that helped (but still some wrinkling). The cotton balls sounds like a good idea too. :hi5

Hahaha! Do you have any pics of how the legs look now? I was thinking about thigh enhancers but wasn't sure how they would turn out.

Every Sideshow figure is. Then when I wake up I realize it was the solvent fumes that stunned and knocked me out again. :rotfl

:lol I know SS EX Vader has some well documented issues, but it def fills the void.

And yes I still think this after the fumes have worn off. :p

I was just looking at the preview for the new Darth Vader comic coming out and I noticed that the artist (Salvador Larocca) used the Sideshow ESB figure as his model. The proportions, placement of armor, larger mouth grill, and chest armor are all distinctly Sideshow. Maybe if we are lucky, we will even see the crotch bunch. Here are some pics:

Star-Wars-Vader-Granov-Cov-b47e8-164e0.jpg
vader-2-df659.jpg

Back