Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OBMkoUd.jpg

A bit late, but regarding that IGN "review" : How did they manage not breaking any part is a mystery to me. They did a complete botched job of handling the poor figure. I wonder if they ever opened a sixth scale collectible AF before.

A bit late, but regarding that IGN "review" : How did they manage not breaking any part is a mystery to me. They did a complete botched job of handling the poor figure. I wonder if they ever opened a sixth scale collectible AF before.

Luck is always with the dumb!

I still remember calling them "Star Wars Dolls" back in the day. You could find the Kenner figures on an end cap (K-Mart or the like) for $.99 to $1.99.
'Action figure' wasn't even in our vocabulary back then, even though G.I. Joe had been called that since the 60's.

From 1996 to 2014...
Damn, 'toys' have come a long way.

I love seeing comparison shots like this because it reminds me (and everyone), just how great these figures are. I know we are paying tons more, but we tend to get caught up with how many vents should be here, or how many millimeters off it is there, or how the likeness is off, etc. We forget how truly incredible these figure are.

I love seeing comparison shots like this because it reminds me (and everyone), just how great these figures are. I know we are paying tons more, but we tend to get caught up with how many vents should be here, or how many millimeters off it is there, or how the likeness is off, etc. We forget how truly incredible these figure are.

I agree with you 100%. My wife, however, would look at that pic and say "I don't really see much difference except one is a bit taller." It's crazy.

I have a question about Vader, will he fit in a Detolf on his stand?

Simple answer: No, not standing upright.

More words: You can squeeze him in there but it's too tight and won't look good standing up. If you plan to kneel him however, then you'll be fine.

Back