Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh FFS :slap

...and the edit line states that it was your edit. That's not cool modding.

My blah blah blah post was a separate post. It just disappeared entirely I think.
:dunno I would love to know on what criteria it was deleted to be honest.

But anyway :lol PixelPiper really :lol.

Back to bad-mouthing me? And just back to the usual off-topic antics. I have Rory ignored, so I don't see anything he posts. It's clear he's hopelessly deluded, and I prefer not to deal with crazy.

Hopelessly deluded :lol I've always found myself with the crazies, oh the company I keep. Whatever your gripe with Rory, mods editing posts on the sly is dodgy.

Anyway, it seems that you got landed with an abnormally tall Vader and that almost everyone else's is at least half an inch shorter.

mods editing posts on the sly is dodgy.

I have no info about this, but undocumented pruning also recently happened in the "Forum Questions" forum. I have no issue with mods cleaning up and such, but more transparency goes a long way to keeping things civil. When a post is edited (which I think is a last-resort kind of thing) it should of course be documented with the mod's name and the reason for editing. Not doing so can potentially do more harm than good - that obviously depends on what was edited of course.

Anyway, it seems that you got landed with an abnormally tall Vader and that almost everyone else's is at least half an inch shorter.

Na, just normal production height. He's exactly 13 and 7/8" standing straight up and the base is about .97 of an inch (31/32) (measured with a digital caliper), making the whole getup a hair more than 1/8 short of 15". There's no physical way to make Vader any shorter without modification (cutting) - I've had this guy apart to the smallest component, so unless someone else's has completely different cast parts, they have to be the same height. IMO, when the Detolf is on the floor it's already too short to properly Vader in the top shelf, let alone a lower one on the stand. Mine's part-way modded for height and being displayed in the Detolf shelf second from the bottom, however the entire cabinet is elevated 27" from the floor. IKEA really should sell it with a base cabinet, at least as an option.

Part of fitting a display is the presence of negative (empty) space, and (stock, incorrect height) Vader on the stand is just too tight. I mentioned the shelf heights in an earlier post.

Last edited:
No idea what it is, but I'm pretty sure I've had people tell me in PM that they have Vader and don't have the severed hand, so they must have bought the regular version somewhere.

Hopelessly deluded :lol I've always found myself with the crazies, oh the company I keep. Whatever your gripe with Rory, mods editing posts on the sly is dodgy.

The Vader I have measures up the same as Pixel's.

It gets worse Lejuan! PixelPiper has now started to send me abusive PM messages.
Is there anyone he isn't fighting with I wonder. He won't see this as he has "allegedly" got me on ignore.

I would imagine he is trying to escalate this conversation into a full blown argument, so that a Mod will come in and delete all the related posts, yours included.
He covers his tracks by doing this, I've seen him doing it many times. But I'm not biting, not responding to his bait.

MODS? What do I do about abusive childish PMs?
It's not acceptable? Thank you.

Last edited:
Anyways:
For anyone wishing to display their Vader ON his stand fully upright. He looks great in a detolf. He has incredible shelf presence. This is one corner section of my display area/office (needs a bit sorting, it's been abandoned since taking on so many commissions) But as you can see he OWNS the display. I guess a lot of it is down to one's ability to futz properly and put away the ruler. :lol

There have been reports of different sizes. Hard to know what's what with that. But I know my own one is shorter than others measured on here, and I guess the fact that this person said his wouldn't fit standing upright in a detolf demonstrates that?
Mine does perfectly as you can see above. :dunno

*queue more pictures of steel rules and helmets and back tracking about original comments and favoured display preferences*

:lol

Last edited:

Yeah,I gave up on the differing parts theory a long time ago. He is what he is, but assuredly the same for everyone with the exception of possibly having to reseat the head, helmet and feet. Those issues would only make the thing taller out of the box though. ;)

I draw the line at having to lie down on the floor to take photos or view a shelf. My viewing enjoyment is more important than that of my dogs' you know?

Vader thread never fails to entertain.

Delusions are a serious sign of deeper problems, we shouldn't really be entertained nor make light of them. It's sad more than anything. I just wish my name didn't have to be dragged into the lies and fantasy. I should have known better than to send (a single) PM requesting that this garbage stay off the forum, but you can't reason with crazy, right?

Mine's a regular. Came out about two months back. No clue why Sideshow's page says '2nd Qtr 2015'.

I wonder if Sideshow will shed some light on this at some point. There have also been rumors of a Snowtrooper re-release, but nothing on their site. SKU listings on Australian and European stores for a Boba Fett re-release for later this year - but again , nothing at Sideshow.

I'm immensely surprised that Vader would have sold out this early, could the 2015 date be a second run? Might anything change in production? There should be no development/production delay with the existing product as it's already been done in volume, so it could be down to a matter of just picking a release date (for whatever reason), waiting on production line availability while producing other products, or they're making changes for a re-release. However, if this thing is a hot seller, I would expect them to produce more right now instead of arbitrarily holding off till next year. 2nd quarter does lime up with May 4th, but still strange.

The current product page says "Limited Edition" - does anyone recall if it has always said that?

Last edited:
Stupid question that's surely answered already but, did you need to do anything special (Like removing a plastic thingy for example?) for the lights to work? Just picked mine up and neither the stand nor the vader lights are working. The fact both aren't lighting up makes me feel like I did something wrong more than a possible QC issue.

Back