Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, the balance between the desperate need for completion versus the desire for perfection, demonstrated here perfectly.

Whoa. Deja vu. I literally just read this same post you made two years ago in the Dx08 thread. Its like 'your saying'. :lol

Good post though.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

I want that trooper. :(

Me too, best looking trooper I've seen.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. :) I'm really happy with the way the Stormtrooper came out as well. I finally need to get around to repainting my custom Marmit Sandtrooper, so he can join his league.

I just got my Vader and just set him up. I rally like it. There was a scratch on the helmet so I hope sideshow will take care of me. I want to post a picture but I am still trying to figure out tapatalk lol

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1398914692838.jpguploadfromtaptalk1398914710638.jpg

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. :) I'm really happy with the way the Stormtrooper came out as well. I finally need to get around to repainting my custom Marmit Sandtrooper, so he can join his league.

No problem. I went back and checked out your thread. Very nice stuff. The stuff you did on the trooper doesn't seem too difficult. I have it saved for when I acquire( God knows when) the Marmit.

Oh, and what TT body did you use? It only said "old". Was it a narrow shoulder?

Look at Agonistes' cool pose. Fuggit. I'm sick of using a fishing line to support the SS stormtrooper well enough so it can hold a pose without toppling over. I'm going to port over the fabric suit and armour to a TT. I think the body will need some shaving down and the foot pegs modded, but pretty sure that's all that needs doing. I remember how much I enjoyed posing my medicom trooper before the ankle magically detached itself from the leg.

Look at Agonistes' cool pose. Fuggit. I'm sick of using a fishing line to support the SS stormtrooper well enough so it can hold a pose without toppling over. I'm going to port over the fabric suit and armour to a TT. I think the body will need some shaving down and the foot pegs modded, but pretty sure that's all that needs doing. I remember how much I enjoyed posing my medicom trooper before the ankle magically detached itself from the leg.
I'd just sell it & wait for a better one to get made.. or get a Marmit kit. :)

Thanks Efbee, I was really glad I got two stormtroopers when they came out. Makes a big difference.

Just got an e-mail from my dealer that Vader will arrive tomorrow and that he will send him to me Saturday. Can't wait to get him in hand! My Imperials will watch with great interest to his arrival!
20140501_203614.jpg

No problem. I went back and checked out your thread. Very nice stuff. The stuff you did on the trooper doesn't seem too difficult. I have it saved for when I acquire( God knows when) the Marmit.

Oh, and what TT body did you use? It only said "old". Was it a narrow shoulder?

With 'old' I actually mean the really old school wide shouldered TT, like this:

HT_CAUCASIAN_SPECIAL.jpg

Back in 2007 after getting my first HT figure, I realized how great the truetypes are, especially compared with the old buck, so I got a couple of loose TTs on ebay to upgrade my figures. Some of them survived since then, so I'm just using them for parts when needed, or for figures like this where the body shape isn't that important. A narrow shoulder could probably work as well, although the wide shouldered version does give the shoulder armor a nice "ledge" to rest on.

Goddamn that's a sexy picture!

Much appreciated, KD. :cool:

Are those Marmit troopers that shiny out of the box or has that been painted/polished?

They are somewhat shiny out of the box, but not as shiny as this. I applied some future pledge floor wax to the armor.

I showed this to my sideshow troopers and they each rolled a single tear before jumping off the shelf.

:lol:clap

I'm not sure if I've already said this Agonistes86, but DAMN that duo looks nice together.

I still hate that Vader though!!! :lecture :lol

It's just how you've posed both figures so realistically, polished the armour - & DAT MARMIT. :thud: :rock

Back