Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those that were interested in the new Disney Store Stormtrooper, here is a quick look at mine which turned up today (unfortunately missing a piece of shoulder armour so will be going back to Disney)

Thanks for taking the time to do this! Damn shame it's sized just out of scale.

a5aqevut.jpg

The ANH shin is on the right. You can see the square blocks that trim below the knee and the deep cut curve by the shin.

On the new ROTJ Vader these are not as detailed and look like soft bumps.
Truth be told, the shin armor was different between ANH & ESB. But BOTH SSC shin armor have wrong details. A big one is that the space under the knee is supposed to go inward, not outward. Most of these details are hidden anyway, but it's interesting to know.

Interesting! I just assumed they used the old mold and it lost detail over the course of the production runs.

The retail price of this figure is already quite high, if you looking at ways to maximize profit you should opt for cheaper figures. You can get high profit by selling him off but it'd take some time due to the high price it will reach.

Buying few lower ends Hot Toys will yield you more profit in faster period of time.

:yess: :hi5: :lol

Money well recouped.

The retail price of this figure is already quite high, if you looking at ways to maximize profit you should opt for cheaper figures. You can get high profit by selling him off but it'd take some time due to the high price it will reach.

Buying few lower ends Hot Toys will yield you more profit in faster period of time.
I don't / wouldn't own the wonky thing in the first place - but thanks anyway. :wave :lol

I finally received my Darth Vader, seemingly being the last one to do so. :lol
I have yet to do any modifcations, but he's already great fresh out of the box IMO. It was about time I added a 1:6 Vader to my collection, and he doesn't disappoint. :)
Here are some quick shots. Next to the Stormtrooper (the way he's displayed now), I actually don't mind his current height.

IMG_8620_3_small2.jpg

IMG_8638_2_small2.jpg

IMG_8640_2_small.jpg

IMG_8628_2_small.jpg

(Don't mind the boots on Maul, they are still a work in progress.)

I finally received my Darth Vader, seemingly being the last one to do so. :lol
I have yet to do any modifcations, but he's already great fresh out of the box IMO. It was about time I added a 1:6 Vader to my collection, and he doesn't disappoint. :)
Here are some quick shots. Next to the Stormtrooper (the way he's displayed now), I actually don't mind his current height.

IMG_8620_3_small2.jpg

IMG_8638_2_small2.jpg

IMG_8640_2_small.jpg

IMG_8628_2_small.jpg

(Don't mind the boots on Maul, they are still a work in progress.)
What kind of stormtrooper is that? ( brand)
Thanks

Quotes a bunch of pics from 5 posts ago but doesn't read the answer that came 2 posts ago :lol

Customised Marmit dude :)

Hello all,
Looking for inexpensive stormtroopers to go with Vader, I am new to the trade so I don't know what brand to get. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you

There are unfortunately no inexpensive stormtroopers out there. Marmit is arguably the best of the three, but the most difficult to find. Sideshow's is also very good, better still with a couple of mods. And Medicom's is way too small to pose with SS Vader, not to mention oddly proportioned and with fragile joints.

Sideshow really could do with releasing another stormtrooper.

There are unfortunately no inexpensive stormtroopers out there. Marmit is arguably the best of the three, but the most difficult to find. Sideshow's is also very good, better still with a couple of mods. And Medicom's is way too small to pose with SS Vader, not to mention oddly proportioned and with fragile joints.

Sideshow really could do with releasing another stormtrooper.

Ok great thank you very much. Thanks for your help.

Back