Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, I am :lol But I only emailed them on Friday so it doesn't really count as the weekend aren't business hours. I need two domes that need replacing.

Edit: Oh, I thought you meant waiting for an email since that's what we were talking about. Never mind :lol

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Actually, I am :lol But I only emailed them on Friday so it doesn't really count as the weekend aren't business hours. I need two domes that need replacing.

Edit: Oh, I thought you meant waiting for an email since that's what we were talking about. Never mind :lol

I think I'll threaten them with a credit-card charge-back every time I need to email them about anything. Waiting 3, 4, 5 days for a reply is for people over 30.

Here's an extreme example:

gollum.gif

Which would make the better Smeagol figure? Left or right?

ummm the scuffed and two tone Vader appeared on screen

Who's in the 'I'm still waiting' club.:D :hi5:

The force is strong with this one. I say if you're on the fence and waiting I say hurry up and pick Vader up. He's going to sell out. I have a feeling the Regular will so go pick him up! Trust me he's amazing and one of my Favorites in my collection.:vader

I've only had Vader since Sunday and haven't had the chance to spend a whole lot of quality time with him (swapping out hands, posing him, etc), but I did manage to snap a few shots today. To be honest, just standing there he is pretty darn impressive:

Gotta say, he is by far the best Sideshow figure I own, they have really stepped up their game! Absolutely love this figure and he is even more impressive in hand than in pics.

So, has anyone gotten a replacement helmet that was worse than the first? Mine was perfect except for a broken tusk. It took 3 weeks to get my replacement, and it looks like they played soccer with it at the factory. Scuffs and scratches all over the helmet. I thought maybe I'd just swap helmets, but upon closer inspection one of the gunmetal cheeks has a scratch on it that goes all the way to the black plastic beneath. Very disappointing, hopefully they'll respond and ship a replacement tomorrow, instead of waiting a week to respond, and then another week to ship.

The replacement cape looks good though.

My replacement head came but the dome was crooked and had scratches. I just popped the tusks off and glued them on my original. Much happier and easier.

Waitaminute... did your original have MISSING tusks or BROKEN tusks? I've heard of people finding the loose tusk in a box and gluing it back on, but not snapping a tusk off and gluing it where one was broken. How did you get the good tusks off the one helmet? Did you heat them up and soften the glue? Or just break them off? It's possible that me trying this will be more productive than waiting for SS to send me a helmet that isn't damaged.

They have a phone number so you can call, that's a direct line to them and theyll straighten things out in a hurry. They also have live chat.

That sounded like excellent advice, so I just fired up the chat feature. The first message I got was "have you filled out the exchange/return forms" followed by a link. Well, so much for IM, so I clicked the "call me" button. My phone rang immediately, the robot tells me that I'm being connected to the person, and then it rings until I get voicemail. So, I hang up, and just call the CS number. Someone answers, I briefly explain, and she tells me she'll check and see if there's someone from the returns department available. I hold for awhile, she comes back, and tells me to take the email I previously received with the return info, and reply to that and they'll take care of it.

I didn't read the whole previous thread you were responding to, don't know if there was whining or entitlement, not gonna go there. Just saying that phone and IM aren't necessarily any faster than email.

That's no good steve. All I can say is that I got helped out straight away when I called them. When I told the CS officer that I'd emailed with no joy, she did say to resend my email but gave me a different email address. I hope you get your issue sorted.

Finally ..... Brians Toys has Vader in stock as of today which means mine should ship Tuesday and have it by Thursday! I will finally be able to join the party.

You are going to love it. Even after listening to negative opinions and reviews, once you get him in hand, he is "...impressive...most impressive..."

Back