Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:clap
THERE he is! That ANH bodysuit looks MUCH better than the new suit. This looks absolutely perfect to me. Nice to see that the ANH suit fits well on the body and it looks like you're not getting the "crotch bunching" that the new suit suffers from. Thanks for the pics - I'll be doing this as soon as mine arrives!

You just need to take that dome off so it can be repositioned like King Darkness did on his. It needs to be lower down and tilting back more at the back. With that dome mod completed, I think you'll have something that looks like Prowse in costume! I'm really excited to get this figure!

I decided to swap the ROTJ suit for the ESB and I like it better. The skinny arms and baggy legs look funny to me.
I still have some MODS to do but this is it for tonight.
View attachment 88322
View attachment 88323

Last edited:
Has anyone tried the Hasbro dome on the new Vader yet? (You could try it out on the reveal head to get an idea about how it would look if you don't want to detach the dome from the main display helmet). Hasbro nailed the proportions of the dome on their electronic figure and I'm really curious to see if it would add something extra to this figure. I will try it myself when I get the figure but I'm just really impatient to see what it will look like! LOL

I've got a 1:1 Vader helmet and I just did a little experiment - I stood in front of the 1:1 display and held the Hasbro dome up in front of my eye and moved it backwards and forwards until it was the same size as the 1:1 display that I could see in the background. I was amazed at how accurately it matched up. Width of the upper part is perfect and the angle and length of the flared sides also lined up perfectly. Kudos to the Hasbro sculptor who did that dome!

The only thing that will be a disappointment is if the Hasbro dome ends up looking TOO big due to this ESB/ROTJ mask being smaller than the ANH mask. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it works because even though the new dome is an improvement over the ANH, it's still not as good as the Hasbro version in my opinion.

Last edited:
:clap
THERE he is! That ANH bodysuit looks MUCH better than the new suit. This looks absolutely perfect to me.

I wouldn't worry about the suit, because even after the swap, that helmet/head is all kinds of wrong. I haven't put those images right up next to any others, but honestly, just quickly looking at them, I'm not able to tell anything was swapped out. Swapping the suit, IMO, is a fool's errand.

Has anyone tried the Hasbro dome on the new Vader yet? (You could try it out on the reveal head to get an idea about how it would look if you don't want to detach the dome from the main display helmet). Hasbro nailed the proportions of the dome on their electronic figure and I'm really curious to see if it would add something extra to this figure. I will try it myself when I get the figure but I'm just really impatient to see what it will look like! LOL

I've got a 1:1 Vader helmet and I just did a little experiment - I stood in front of the 1:1 display and held the Hasbro dome up in front of my eye and moved it backwards and forwards until it was the same size as the 1:1 display that I could see in the background. I was amazed at how accurately it matched up. Width of the upper part is perfect and the angle and length of the flared sides also lined up perfectly. Kudos to the Hasbro sculptor who did that dome!

The only thing that will be a disappointment is if the Hasbro dome ends up looking TOO big due to this ESB/ROTJ mask being smaller than the ANH mask. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it works because even though the new dome is an improvement over the ANH, it's still not as good as the Hasbro version in my opinion.

I can't wait to see how the Hasbro dome looks as well. I like everything about this figures except for the dome looking too narrow at the top. It is a shame since the dome looks great otherwise.

I wouldn't worry about the suit, because even after the swap, that helmet/head is all kinds of wrong. I haven't put those images right up next to any others, but honestly, just quickly looking at them, I'm not able to tell anything was swapped out. Swapping the suit, IMO, is a fool's errand.

Does it upset you that other people enjoy their figures?

Does it upset you that other people enjoy their figures?

I'm going to enjoy the hell out of mine. What someone else does doesn't upset me at all. I just won't be spinning my wheels swapping out parts that won't make any difference in the final appearance. You've already shown clearly that the helmet mod is by far the #1 thing to do, so I'll definitely attack that one.

:exactly:

I think some people are just overthinking this.....just relax and enjoy the figure for a day or two already? :dunno

I am still waiting for mine,I saw pictures,and video,looks ok,few mods here and there.

Mine's out for delivery right now, should be at the mailbox within a few hours, likely by 2PM EST. Will pick him up from mailbox sometime between next week and the 31st. By the 2nd he'll be on his shelf in a duel with Luke. By the end of that week, his lights powered by the shelf's integrated supply. By the end of February wielding a lit cathode saber. By the end of May well on his way to completing the next Death Star.

received my vader tonight! And to think that i actually thought about cancelling it for a bit....glad i didn't. Very nice figure. Excellent all around. Size does not bug me at all - a tad too tall, but nothing to worry about.

Positives:
Cape, material all excellent
helmet/dome = no complaints - looks good
head sculpt = very nice
light up features - cooler than i thought they would be

minor gripe - paint app on head is ok, just not ht level....
Saber blade -whoa, not good at all
giant stand = not necessary
little helmet stand = very cool

while $250 for this guy feels like $25 too much, really glad i got this one....!

give me yo giant stand!

Well, I'm not a fool but the suit from the ANH figure looks MUCH better to my eyes. It's got all the little bunched up wrinkles along the stitch lines which is a really distinctive detail for the Vader suit and the SS ANH nailed it. (Particularly the legs in those pics).
The new suit looks like it's just been pressed and is MUCH too pristine looking compared to the suit worn in the movies.
I'll definitely be swapping the suit over on my figure and I won't feel the slightest bit like a fool for doing it. LOL

Last edited:

That looks good. :rock I may try it with mine when I nab one.

P1151562_zpsdd854785.jpg

I love the way he look here. Nice display.

Where is vintij with all these pretty Vader pictures floating around?

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

Back