Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
11882461536_7d35c7bcec_o.jpg

Great photos guys!

Tony Meis - which is the custom part on the Vader in your pics? Looks like the figure "out of the box".
Is it wearing one of your custom capes and robes or is that the Sideshow one?
Just asking because of the "Custom Vader by Tone Mei" title that you've got on the first pic.

These in hand photos are superb!

Can anyone confirm whether the mask is the same size as the ANH version, or is it smaller. I would love to see someone put a Hasbro dome on this one although it's good to see that they improved it over the ANH dome.

Last edited:
It'll still be awesome though!

Great shot @ EVILFACE.

@ cking, the mask is smaller than the ANH version.

Darth Vader's got a lovely box. Never thought I'd say that. This figure is just all kinds of awesome, imo. How are the joints? Pretty tight?

Nice pics, but you need to fix his "crotch armor" or whatever it's called, and belt.... Looks like it's sitting way to high up on him. lol :lol
Old-People-Estate-Planning.jpg

I'm getting mine from Collectibles Direct. They have an estimated release date of April, but it may be earlier or later...:dunno

I see buddy.

And remember we will be hit with the Chinese New Year so the delay may be even longer. :slap

But it will still be one sweet day when we open up them boxes. :yess:

Also: not wildly out of scale like the ANH one. Like someone above said, at most it's maybe 1/4" too tall.

I'll take everyone's word for it, because the pictures with Luke and Boba make it look like 3/4 to 1" too tall. I'd love to see some images next to Sideshow troopers (sand/storm and snow) as well, even if I don't plan on posing him with them.

He is at least a inch too tall.....but once on the shelf with other figures, it doesn't matter. Better he be a bit too large than a bit too small.

Like in the flicks, Vader is a imposing force and the SS figure represents that on the shelf.

Thin arms aside, he is a fantastic looking figure. And the arms really aren't skinny. The arms look bigger than the muscle bodies available. The body is large. I put the decent sized Reeve body I was thinking of using and it is dwarfed.

Yep, that day will be sweet.:D

Yep more likely later than sooner but a sweet day none the less. :wink1:

He is at least a inch too tall.....but once on the shelf with other figures, it doesn't matter. Better he be a bit too large than a bit too small.

Like in the flicks, Vader is a imposing force and the SS figure represents that on the shelf.

Thin arms aside, he is a fantastic looking figure. And the arms really aren't skinny. The arms look bigger than the muscle bodies available. The body is large. I put the decent sized Reeve body I was thinking of using and it is dwarfed.

Thanks for the info mate.

I agree I would rather he was a tad bit bigger than being shorter and as you say Vader just like in the movies should have a physical imposing presence in your collection.

Back