Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just clowning around....

"You are beaten! It is USELESS to resist!"

015a.jpg

Nice posing! :rock

Did pull the tab, also tried different batteries, no luck, and i also noticed my bottom right tusk is broke. contacted sideshow for a replacement. first figure ever had an issue with and sucks it is this one, anyone deal with returns before, am i stuck with cost of shipping it back. duty is all ready cost me a fortune.
sucks it had to be a 300 dollar figure.
just hope i can still get the exclusive when it is returned.

This photo just ruined my night in the best way... Sideshow should pay you a % of the sale they just made.

"I'm too weak.."

What a wonderful compliment!

Thank you so much!

Luke looks incredible. It's with the Emperor that the height seems a little much (don't think he dwarfed him to that degree). Regardless, great looking figure. Can't wait to get mine.

I was thinking that EXACT same thing. Is the Emperor bent at the knees? Or is the figure really that small?

Did pull the tab, also tried different batteries, no luck, and i also noticed my bottom right tusk is broke. contacted sideshow for a replacement. first figure ever had an issue with and sucks it is this one, anyone deal with returns before, am i stuck with cost of shipping it back. duty is all ready cost me a fortune.
sucks it had to be a 300 dollar figure.
just hope i can still get the exclusive when it is returned.
If the damage is bad enough, Sideshow will send you new parts/figure and you send photos of whatever the original pieces are smashed (basically unusable for re-sale). If they ask you to ship back, I believe they will send you a return label, so it's not on you to cover shipping. If you get charged duty twice for the same sale, then you will be able to apply for a refund, for sure. Regardless, though, it's a lot of hassle.

Can't wait to open mine on Monday and display him with my cathode saber. Woohoo! !

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

So is this guy about an inch too tall? That's what the most recent images make him look like. I'll have to get creative with his stance so the figure doesn't look so unbalanced next to HT's Luke DX07.

It'll be interesting to see how the new Hoth Luke and Han turn out in terms of scale.

So is this guy about an inch too tall? That's what the most recent images make him look like. I'll have to get creative with his stance so the figure doesn't look so unbalanced next to HT's Luke DX07.

Through numerous conversion equations, debates and references previously posted in this thread, the general consensus seemed to be 1/4" too tall, but generally as a negligible amount.

I think the figure places the shear size of Vader in a more absolute scale where as on film it's often difficult to accurately judge height relationships.

Received my Vader today, and unfortunately he came with some problems. One of the silver tusks was missing, and the base doesn't light up when I switch it on. I've gotta press and hold the switch as far as I can to the on position before it lights up, if I take my finger off of it, the base turns off again, despite the switch still being on. I've already contacted Sideshow, I'm just bummed that I'll have to wait for a replacement now, as I was looking forward to getting him set up tonight.

Wow, really surprised to hear about so many QC issues lately. Guess I'd better inspect everything sooner rather than later on this one.

Man still no ship notice and I was charged almost 3 days ago. Did a pack out cause this much of a delay?

I was asking myself the same thing, I added a pack out as well and was charged Wednesday.
Ill have to contact them Monday and see whats up. Congrats on everyone who has received this great looking Vader

Received my Vader today, and unfortunately he came with some problems. One of the silver tusks was missing, and the base doesn't light up when I switch it on. I've gotta press and hold the switch as far as I can to the on position before it lights up, if I take my finger off of it, the base turns off again, despite the switch still being on. I've already contacted Sideshow, I'm just bummed that I'll have to wait for a replacement now, as I was looking forward to getting him set up tonight.

My base had the same issue and the only other QC problem I have is that the display helmet has a scuff on it where there is a dull flat paint mark. I'm going to contact SSC about it as the blemish is right on the front of the helmet. Had it been in the back I probably wouldn't care.

Back