Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to be late to the party, but the hoth pic from Facebook doesn't show any progress in comparison with the ANH version. When I first saw the pic I saw the helmet and thought "Oh it's just the ANH version with a Snowtrooper. But when I looked at the chest box I realized that this was THE new Vader. And compared with the ANH it's even a step down in my view.
Especially the shoulder armor is way to small to look right. Even the ANH version was better.
And it also looks like he is still a little to tall to be screen accurate. In the pic we see Vader with the Snowtrooper and it looks like they fixed the height problem. But when you look closer you see that the trooper is a few inches in the background. So when you would set him next to Vader, Vader would still be to tall :monkey2

I hope we will see some improvement in the next preview :pray:
229848_10151160201794145_579890030_n.jpg

Look more closely at the stormtrooper. Look at his boots. He's standing lower than Vader, like a step down on the ice. I wouldn't go by this pic for height analysis.

Look more closely at the stormtrooper. Look at his boots. He's standing lower than Vader, like a step down on the ice. I wouldn't go by this pic for height analysis.

My eye for detail isn't great, but it looks to me like the 'ice' is fabric that's draped across a dead flat surface. In which case the two figures would be standing on the same flat surface, with the trooper set some way back from Vader.

Disclaimer: I don't care especially :monkey3

Well this is totally underwhelming, but u guess we needed something to freak out about, now that Luke has shipped. Looks like my wait for a definitive Vader will continue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People crying about the height already? :lol

So, whats wrong with the height this time?

People crying about the height already? :lol

So, whats wrong with the height this time?

Seems that people who collect Darth Vader are always on there period. Think this is bad see the CPO/R2D2.

All I care about is he is taller then the clones. I don't collect ST

The Snowtrooper looks photoshopped.:lol

I don't think anybody should be griping about the weight at this stage. The full body picture is not a fair comparison.

Seems that people who collect Darth Vader are always on there period. Think this is bad see the CPO/R2D2.

If you're referring to the Tamashii Nations C3PO/R2D2, it actually is pretty bad. C3PO needs to have a mirror-like finish and R2D2's dome should not be finished in chrome.

So does Vader's head.
It looks like they shifted it too far towards his left shoulder. :lol

229848_10151160201794145_579890030_n.jpg

I have to agree. The whole picture looks photoshoped. Almost to the point where the body was headless for the pic and the head was added later.

If you're referring to the Tamashii Nations C3PO/R2D2, it actually is pretty bad. C3PO needs to have a mirror-like finish and R2D2's dome should not be finished in chrome.

He was referring to the over hyper little crybaby tamponinators that go above and beyond the call of duty in reporting errors in the thread, not any problems with the actual product itself per se.

I am convinced that Vader is not even on a proper body and that it why the shoulder armor is not all the way down over the shoulders. Looks like they could only get it to sit part of the way down and that is why the head is oddly placed (it's not sitting on a neck peg) and the proportions for everything else is off.

I am 99.999% certain I am right.

I have to agree. The whole picture looks photoshoped. Almost to the point where the body was headless for the pic and the head was added later.

Does anyone have Sideshow promo pics of ANH Vader for a direct side-by-side?

Last edited:
Seems that people who collect Darth Vader are always on there [sic] period. Think this is bad see the CPO/R2D2.

He was referring to the over hyper little crybaby tamponinators that go above and beyond the call of duty in reporting errors in the thread, not any problems with the actual product itself per se.

The fact you two resort to misogynistic/homophobic name-calling to defend Sideshow really just proves how awful this looks and what immature fanboys you are.

Back