Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I have been gone for a week and I come back eager to see if pics of Vader have been released...

101812_vader.jpg

Complete and utter fail. I am envious of those who think this looks good as they are less discerning (or OCD) than me. I just do not understand how Sideshow can screw up so badly on a figure when it is their third attempt (counting the PF) and the character has an endless amount of source material out there. Oh well, at least it isn't like Vader is the most iconic movie villain of all time or anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup. That about sums up my thoughts, too. What really pisses me off is that it's going to be double the price of the original, and it's going to sell out easily, simply because there is no other 1/6 alternative. They couldn't give a toss if it's accurate, because they know people will sop it up regardless of how $hi!tty the base body is, how cheap the clothing material feels and looks, how inaccurate the sculpted parts are, how uninspired the box is going to be, etc...You want me to give you 200+ bucks of my hard earned money, Sideshow? Then get in touch with a company that has experience producing 1:1 Vader buckets from original molds, like say eFX, stop being so ****ing cheap and invest in a 3d scanner, scan the thing and be done with it. Otherwise, stay the **** home and let someone else do the license justice.

9roi7q.jpg

This is from comic con 2012 they should have just posted this pic for the teaser ...can't wait he will rock !!!

1 botched Vader is enough for me, I'll keep my ANH Vader and wait til they get it right, if they ever do.

I know this sounds conspiracy theory-ish, and forgive me for that, but do you think the bad sculpting could be intentional, to give the collectors a reason to keep clamoring for Sideshow to "try again", knowing full well that the figure will sell out regardless?

Sounds like a good way to keep the money rolling in and the fans hungry for that "perfect" Vader that is just on the horizon.

Or do you think SS is just lazy/greedy and dont want to tweak the figure because it will diminish profits?

This is really a disgrace to Darth Vader.

You know, if Vader were here today and saw this figure of himself, this is what he would do:

6525209_orig.gif

This thread is just like the HT Luke thread everyone sits here saying they would rather jump off a cliff before buying this figure and when the in hand pics roll in you all suddenly will love it or say you were wrong. Say I am a crack pot but about 80% of this forum flip flops between sane/crazy.

This thread is just like the HT Luke thread everyone sits here saying they would rather jump off a cliff before buying this figure and when the in hand pics roll in you all suddenly will love it or say you were wrong. Say I am a crack pot but about 80% of this forum flip flops between sane/crazy.

Hot Toys doesn't have the sort of botch record that SST has... this is Vader, how hard is it to get a helmet right?

3rds the charm?

9roi7q.jpg

This is from comic con 2012 they should have just posted this pic for the teaser ...can't wait he will rock !!!

Vader figs tend to look better in profile no matter what. It's the front-on look that is always tough to nail.

Only difference was that Vader was an official pic

...taken with about the same level of skill as those first iPhone pics of HT luke.

Is it me or is there a separation on the gloves and boots? Almost looks like it has TPM Obi articulation. That might be worth getting. Especially if they do an extra forearm with lit lightsaber.

I'd say I am surprised at the level if hyperbole and melodrama exhibited on here, but nope. If anything the SW section is at least being consistent.

Back