Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty tempted by this. I can get it for $138 through Sideshow. I don't have another Vader in my collection at the moment and the only one from Hot Toys that interests me is from the Tarkin 2 pack.

Vader.jpg

I'm really enjoying this figure! The updated helmet looks better than Hot Toys ESB to my eye. The body has tight joints, the gloves are super convenient to swap out, and the light up feature looks great.

Looks very good. I never owned any HT versions, but I do have the 2 SS ones. Was tempted to buy this one. Great pic. May purchase this one after all. Hope you can post more pics to push me over the edge.

Does anyone know if they changed the body suit on this new version, when compared to the ROTJ one from a few years ago? Is this bodysuit more accurate on this new one, than the previous sideshow ROTJ Vader?

I know when they did an update without the diorama stand they changed the bodysuit. It's not as tight or quite as shiny. I believe this is version 3 of the figure since it look like the tweaked the helmet. Both version 2 and 3 I think also have a better lightsaber blas? that tapers and have some texture to the blade.

92824120_540113240257566_2484153193596977152_n.jpg

Hey guys. Here's a quick pic. I shot a full review where I show the helmet at all angles. Give me a day or two to edit and I'll get it out there for you!

View attachment 483132

Hey guys. Here's a quick pic. I shot a full review where I show the helmet at all angles. Give me a day or two to edit and I'll get it out there for you!

That does look really good there. I have a body suit from the A New Hope Vader on my deluxe Vader and it makes the figure so much better but the original helmet dome is too small on the flare out shape. I may have to get the new head.

I know when they did an update without the diorama stand they changed the bodysuit. It's not as tight or quite as shiny. I believe this is version 3 of the figure since it look like the tweaked the helmet. Both version 2 and 3 I think also have a better lightsaber blas? that tapers and have some texture to the blade.

Thank you man. It does look better.

View attachment 483132

Do you know if the head of this Sideshow Vader, could fit on the first Hot Toys ANH body? Im thinking of building my own figure using this head, and suit.

Unpainted you say? Is it the whole head or just the weird insert they used that is like half of a head that has the back of the head scar detail on it?

Unpainted you say? Is it the whole head or just the weird insert they used that is like half of a head that has the back of the head scar detail on it?

I’m not sure if it’s the entire head but it’s definitely a sculpt with the scar detail on it. Seems like maybe they just used it as a base to fit the helmet on? Not sure how the creative process works but I just find it weird. It almost seems like they copied the design of the HT ESB helmet but imo this is far superior.

I think it is a unpainted and detail only on the back of the headsculpt. I remember some people customizing their Vader's with the unmasked portrait and making it fit but they had to becareful not to damage the paint. Think the face area was blank but the need a head for the neck plug.

Back