Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone swapped out the head with the Hot Toys ANH head? I know its different than ROTJ,helmet etc. Just wondering if it can be done? If so did you need to mod the neck post?

sorry, not me :(

I wanted to ask other thing: has anyone replaced the batteries from the belt?

I tried last week, but I am not sure which way I have to place the batteries, can someone guide me? :pray:

Has anyone swapped out the head with the Hot Toys ANH head? I know its different than ROTJ,helmet etc. Just wondering if it can be done? If so did you need to mod the neck post?

At first I did, but I had to use blu-tac for the head to hold in there... I ended up making a body swap. I got a ANH Hot Toys body, it is the best IMHO, at least as far as posability and size go.

Here are 2 recent pics:

29416149_704347389689619_2306354793221718016_n(1).jpg

29403910_1283743431757518_2346025675263049728_n(1).jpg

I'e kept my SS ESB ROTJ Vader stock so far. With Tarkin on the way soon and all of the mods I've seen I'm considering making some changes finally.

2 questions:

1) I have a Titanium Vader helmet and I'm thinking of using the dome. What the best method for removing the SS dome?

2) Is the HT Vader body comparable in size to any other HT bodies?

Hi guys,

Maybe already asked, if so, sorry.

I've this Vader and I'm going to centralize my collection to Star Wars only, specially the ESB. 1M question : do the Hot Toys ESB Vader worth selling this one for the extra parts ? Do the figure is really an upgrade ?

Thanks for your advices !

Hi guys,

Maybe already asked, if so, sorry.

I've this Vader and I'm going to centralize my collection to Star Wars only, specially the ESB. 1M question : do the Hot Toys ESB Vader worth selling this one for the extra parts ? Do the figure is really an upgrade ?

Thanks for your advices !

The hot toys Empire Vader is much better than this one. I have both and the helmet is too narrow on the sideshow version and if you have the original release of the sideshow Deluxe Vader the suit isn't very good. I put a original A new Hope Vader body suit on the Jedi Version to make it look better. I do like bases that come with the sideshow version though.

Apart from the accessories and stand (from the first release), why would anyone want to buy this when HT has their version?

It looks like sideshow is releasing their Vader with a new helmet. The helmet looks pretty decent. At least much better than the previous one.
BC29F98E-E49C-4B0B-BC71-D6C1E7EC3177.jpeg

Unfortunately, I think it might be. The helmet looked different in that picture and I got excited. I bet it is just the angle though.

I don't think Sideshow is offering any updated version of Vader other than what they've put out already.

Here's another look at the V1 - looks about the same to me.

VADER-DLX-033.jpg

I still like this figure. Sorry to say that the days of Sideshow sixth-scale SW figures may be drawing to a close after Mythos Fett.

Sideshow changed the pictures on the website. I am now convinced that the dome is new. The flare on the new dome has a curve and it is wider. I don’t notice any other changes but the dome is a huge improvement.

ACAE11AD-DA38-4B46-BC0B-59E0C9DD8DC2.jpeg

Sideshow changed the pictures on the website. I am now convinced that the dome is new. The flare on the new dome has a curve and it is wider. I don?t notice any other changes but the dome is a huge improvement.

View attachment 464986

I think the mask is the same but I can’t be sure. I think it looks alot better because of the new dome. The shape of the dome now looks to be more accurate than hot toys. It is interesting that they made this change with no mention of it in the product description.

Back