Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds promising from the interview... new head sculpt, better scaled body, separate helmet display and a better flowing cape. Don't know how much of it was on display, but it sounds like they listened to critiques on the first figure :rock

Sounds promising from the interview... new head sculpt, better scaled body, separate helmet display and a better flowing cape. Don't know how much of it was on display, but it sounds like they listened to critiques on the first figure :rock

Let's really hope so!:exactly:

2 part is display only

I'm hoping this part was just some misunderstanding. Making the reveal helmet as a display-only option is a deal breaker for me. SS should give this one more time to figure out how to be able to make the reveal helmet fit on his head.

What does it matter though?, you get a full helmet head for helmet display, and an unmasked with extra pieces, do you need to personally " play " with removing and adding the helmet pieces?

Wow that two piece helmet display was never mentioned by anyone that I can recall. That is a really a cool touch. This will definitely the figure to get!

Kind of bummed it sounds like the reveal helm and assembled helm will be two different heads instead of a functioning reveal.

I don't really mind the reveal being a separate piece, I can't think of many display options with Vader having the helmet off.
As for why Sideshow packed the reveal helmet, maybe Lucasfilm asked them to? Seems very odd not to show it.

I was one how longed for a functioning reveal a long time ago. But I have since become resigned that we won't get one and to the reasons why.

My only hang-up on this is that I didn't have a big problem with the ANH Vader. Sure, he's a little tall but it doesnt bug me. So, if this one is a 'cosmetic' upgrade from the ANH version, rather than adding any 'play features' or 'functionality' (depending on how mature you want to sound), the impact of this 'deluxe' Vader is lost on me. If cosmetic upgrades are on the table now, I will continue to champion my cause for an upgrade to Jedi Luke.

Perhaps it's just because this Vader on display isn't actually the one we're getting. It sounds like the display model was kit-bashed with ANH parts?? I'm not quite sure. Either way, what has been shown is not enough to convince me to plunk down $200 for another Vader.

Back