Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An actual reveal head just doesn't work unless you oversize the helmet or undersize the head. Medicom's helmet was proportionate tot he body, but the Anakin sculpt was a pinhead.

On the 1:1 bust it's pretty obvious that if you wanted to have ears on Anakin there was no way to make the piece a functional reveal.

for me,the helmet is the big point here,they have to get it almost perfect,it surely must be wider and rounder at the top.the first version looked a little squashed

I actually like the separate display of the two-piece reveal helmet as its own display, since I agree I would never pose Vader with his helmet half off.

Yeah, I mean you could pose him removing the dome, if you you really wanted. I know Luke removed it, but I'd imagine Vader always used machinery like in the meditation chamber to remove it. Unless there's some non-movie EU explanations I'm unaware of.

I actually like the separate display of the two-piece reveal helmet as its own display, since I agree I would never pose Vader with his helmet half off.

I like it too but I will pose him here and there w/o half his helmet similar to the teaser or how the Mythos statue is. Or, if they ever make a StarKiller, have Vader with his helmet off battling him like when you make the 'sith' choice at the end of the first game.

This is all very odd...
So Sideshow had the reveal mask/helmet but didn't show it to the public at large?

the reveal helmet was there... it and Vader were not placed until later in the afternoon thursday.

And no one took a picture of it at SDCC. Not one pic. Not even Josh.

One would think someone that is selling a item like this would take pictures and show it. To leave it up to the fans seem a little lazy. Still I am glad I canceled my 2.0 ver of this one and going to wait.

wait.. so nobody took any more pictures of the helmet display? wtf.. I took a few on my phone.. want me to upload them? they are not the clearest/highest res, but i'll do that if you guys want to see them. Gonna be sad if it is just a display though.. I thought we were getting a full on reveal?! meh..

We are getting a full reveal head (lower mask and Anakin head). We aren't getting a partial reveal head.

thanks for the clarification! I was a bit confused.. still.. seems like an odd choice.. especially for something called.. deluxe.. :/

These were all I took.. got a side view at least for some more of the details..

IMG_3285.jpg

IMG_8925.jpg

IMG_2549.jpg

Those are great pics Husker!!! I can't imagine why this awesome detail on the Vader was totally lost in the SDCC shuffle.

Yeah, very strange that no images were posted until today :lol I wonder if these are done, but the non-reveal helmet is not which is why the displayed figure has older parts :huh

Although personally displaying this head/helmet do-hickey and the anakin portrait on Vader would have looked great IMO and been a much more satisfying show piece.

Yeah, very strange that no images were posted until today :lol I wonder if these are done, but the non-reveal helmet is not which is why the displayed figure has older parts :huh

Although personally displaying this head/helmet do-hickey and the anakin portrait on Vader would have looked great IMO and been a much more satisfying show piece.

No doubt. Sideshow way underestimated and undersold the "delux" aspect of their Delux Vader.

Back