Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this second version is a disappointment. at the same time i feel glad as im not going to go through the whole deal of purchasing a new one only to mod it again.

I am not disappointed in the new Vader. Once it is in my hands I know it will blow me away. I am only disappointed that Sideshow put almost no effort into their SDcC presentation this year. I would bet the moisture farm that the Vader they showed was merely a misguided placeholder.

Yeah, great post.:exactly:

They don't do themselves any favors though, if it was just a placeholder it'd be smart of them to maybe say so, it doesn't worry me but it may cut down some of the hysteria.

The ANH version is awesome and I'll buy this one too.

I've already said it, but it's just those pics.
It looks fine in Crawford's pic.

www.mwctoys.com

sdcc2012_sideshow_starwars_8.jpg

Who is this? :dunno

I play with my high end action figure dolls. :dunno

Yup do the same. I even hold,put on, play with my hero item's. I still have ships and toys from 1969 and up.

I can careless if something is $10 or $100,000 if all you wish to to about it is hitch about it. Stop now. You are not a collector.

A collector is someone who generally puts an item bought up on display and doesn't play with it. If you are seriously suggesting that the Sideshow figures are used as playthings, then I've seriously missed that use for them. I know people like the fact that they can do poses... but actually PLAY with them... not something I've heard much of. THAT'S a collectible.

I'm still a fan just as much as you are, so don't assume anything about me, just because I like things to be closer to the real deal than it currently is.

You said yourself you cared less, so it's not something I was the only one saying. You care less than I do and you are happy with the current look. Doesn't make you stupid. It just means you are more easily pleased with a product, because you don't demand as much. But that also doesn't invalidate my opinion, as it is as equally valid as yours. I guess you have less acceptance of my opinion than I have of yours.

Have you ever seen those videos of guys making Stop Motion videos of Hot Toys and SS figures? Thats essentially "PLAYING" with your collectibles. Just cause you stare at yours on a shelf doesnt change the fact that these are still just really expensive toys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

The second I saw that Episode IV helmet slapped onto their Vader, I knew this could NOT be the final product. I asked three different employees (not the ones handing out the gift cards - in their own words "I only work for Sideshow five days a year") but actual behind the counter and behind the ropes employees, about this Vader. I was told by all three that this is not the final product and one of them asked me specifically what I was concerned about.

I explained that the helmet on the Vader looked surprised. Like the front of the helmet was too long and that the dome wasn't resting properly on the face mask. He confirmed that they knew the fist Vader was too tall, so they've shortened this one. After speaking with me, the one who asked for details went back behind the curtain. He said he was going to write this down. Hopefully he wasn't just going behind the curtain to laugh at me.

Even though I am the proud owner of a Hurricane Episode IV Vader, I was likely to purchase this V/VI Vader, too. If it turns out looking like this prototype, there is no way I am placing an order.

Fingers crossed for fixes!

- MJ

As good as the Hurricane Vader was I used to own, something about it just didn't scream 'centerpiece' of collection, I dunno.

Thanks for trying, MicroJow - if that guy did laugh at you secretly, the final jokes on them - if the issues with dome are NOT addressed

Hey, just saw this over at RS:

TK0083 said:
The reveal head sculpt was there! Got to see it first hand. Very entertained! Sideshow did not want people to mistake the Vader and Malgus figures for the same thing.

Also, the Vader is still a work in progress. They DO plan on getting the fit of the helmet right...

Last edited:
unfortunately i couldn't go to SDCC, so haven't seen this in person, and i'm sure someone else has said this, but to me, thats def a new face/neck sculpt (the triangle on the neck is the big give away) but with the ANH helmet stuck on it.
Now what i was wondering.. what vader helmet will the Hot toys exclusive Luke Bespin come with? From the pics released so far, that is NO WAY the sideshow Vader, so, have hot toys got their own Vader sculpt already...?

The second I saw that Episode IV helmet slapped onto their Vader, I knew this could NOT be the final product. I asked three different employees (not the ones handing out the gift cards - in their own words "I only work for Sideshow five days a year") but actual behind the counter and behind the ropes employees, about this Vader. I was told by all three that this is not the final product and one of them asked me specifically what I was concerned about.

I explained that the helmet on the Vader looked surprised. Like the front of the helmet was too long and that the dome wasn't resting properly on the face mask. He confirmed that they knew the fist Vader was too tall, so they've shortened this one. After speaking with me, the one who asked for details went back behind the curtain. He said he was going to write this down. Hopefully he wasn't just going behind the curtain to laugh at me.

Even though I am the proud owner of a Hurricane Episode IV Vader, I was likely to purchase this V/VI Vader, too. If it turns out looking like this prototype, there is no way I am placing an order.

Fingers crossed for fixes!

- MJ

I'm curious to see more pics of Hurricane's Vaders, can you post some pics?

Well, I'll say this... I'm rarely OCD on my figures... but I did change the helmet, vest and cape on my ANH Vader.
I honestly wasn't impressed with the helmet and dome of this one... that was a huge let down...
But all the other details are definitely an improvement...
I'll post some pics I took @ SDCC later on.

I'm curious to see more pics of Hurricane's Vaders, can you post some pics?

Here are a couple pix I shot back when I had both Sideshow's (on the right) and Hurricane's (on the left.)

Very nice! Thanks MJ!
Any full-body pics?
Surprisingly, I've not seen many pics of Hurricane's Vader (for such a highly sought after custom).

Back