Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ Wow. The ANH Vader was even taller? The ROTJ Vader is ridiculously tall. That's my only real complaint about the figure. Exactly how tall does SSC think Vader is supposed to be?

The most amusing thing is I saw an old SSC youtube presentation of the ANH Vader yesterday and the guy specifically mention that it's on an new body so it can tower over the rest of the SSC figures to be in "correct scale" and proves it by standing a Stormtrooper beside Vader and as we now that looks kind of silly sizewise. The guy also mention that they meticulously studied the movie to make sure everything is accurate. I had to laugh at that. One google search and ten minutes looking at the search results gives all the info they would have needed to make it perfect the first time not to mention the second.

But as of now I have the ROTJ and an ANH incoming so I guess it worked out for them anyway. :slap

Most people think "scale" is something you stand on in the bathroom or at the doctor's office. ;)

lol. Yeah. There are definitely a lot of people (not really in this community, but in general) that don't correctly understand what scale means.

I wonder what the real love / hate stats just are, for this overpriced approximation. :lol

I can only speak for myself, but I still really like the figure. I just REALLY wish he was shorter. I can't really display him next to any other figures because he is so freakishly tall. He's as tall (maybe even taller than) HT Predator figures and that just looks...strange.

Really?

Taller than the HT Predators? :rotfl

Yep

2130ie9.jpg

Damn, weren't those Preds supposed to be something like 9 feet tall?

Just goes to show how much scale is actually paid attention to, in this business. :lol

I'm a big HT fan, but they've got lots of issues too - & don't worry, I'm more than happy to acknowledge that.

^ Wow. The ANH Vader was even taller? The ROTJ Vader is ridiculously tall. That's my only real complaint about the figure. Exactly how tall does SSC think Vader is supposed to be?

Yup ANH Vader is a wee bit taller compared to the Deluxe.

Beautiful.

ANH still looks damn pretty when modded. I'm glad I got ahold of a cheap one so I can mod the crap out of it without breaking the bank.

Are these original height or did you shorten them?

These are on stock body. Keeping just one vader so out goes the Deluxe. My ANH vader with Lance's cape, lowered stock dome plus the Deluxe light up base will do for now

Check out the IGN review. Without a doubt the WORST figure review EVER put online. If it wasn't so bad it would be funny. :lol

I hope Sideshow didn't give them a free figure for this embarrassment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUfasl2LOt0

Most likely they did, and probably don't care ether! The amount of traffic that ign generates combined with pop culture fans that DONT collect could lead to new customers.

But oh how It was painful to watch .. :D

That IGN review is stupid. I don't know how it got approved to be uploaded. Sideshow should censor that jackass review.

So Vader is now available for Flexpay again, but with a release window of April 2015, would it be a good investment to put next to the Vader mythos, or would a flexpay be better used for the Fett/Vader PFs or whatever they show off at SDCC?

That review was so bad. Such a terrible way to represent those of us that care about the hobby. With the tremendous amount of exposure that IGN can give any product, I certainly hope that the Production Manager or whoever is responsible for that video being uploaded feels stupid.

Back