Statue Sideshow Dinosauria Mosasaur Statue/Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What, no exclusive with skull?

Not sure yet..maybe this one won't have an exclusive with it? They have been charging the same prices regardless as of late anyway.

I had a thought looking at the full pics...does anyone else think this piece screams unstable ? Something about the base size and the height bugs me..though I love the pose. I kinda worry if it was barely bumped would it topple over ?

My Foulkes Mosa is huge but also has a really big heavy base and the support rod enters the belly giving it maximum support.

Not sure yet..maybe this one won't have an exclusive with it? They have been charging the same prices regardless as of late anyway.

I had a thought looking at the full pics...does anyone else think this piece screams unstable ? Something about the base size and the height bugs me..though I love the pose. I kinda worry if it was barely bumped would it topple over ?

My Foulkes Mosa is huge but also has a really big heavy base and the support rod enters the belly giving it maximum support.

Yea and the angle he is at, makes it seems like it could easily fall over. Unless the base is very heavy.

At 20 inches it seems it will be quite a large sculpt, considering that it's tail is curled & it body curved forward. A potentially great sculpt if paint apps are rendered well. A pity regarding price; at $300 the reasonable days are surely gone. I dread to think what the pricing for the new Rex sculpt will be. Oh well, hoping for the best, & always grateful this line is still going.

I think Sideshow's web guys must have forgotten to unlock the order page when they made the item live? It's still password protected.

Yea and the angle he is at, makes it seems like it could easily fall over. Unless the base is very heavy.

It says the overall weight is 12 pounds..so I hope most of that is in the base.

Doesn't look like it has an exclusive version either...even the number of pieces to be made is TBD . Not a good sign for collectors.

It says the overall weight is 12 pounds..so I hope most of that is in the base.

Doesn't look like it has an exclusive version either...even the number of pieces to be made is TBD . Not a good sign for collectors.

They always take a while to give an edition size now.

I have every other statue in the line and will get this but going to hold off ordering for now since there is no exclusive. Such a shame. I don't understand the choice behind this.

November is such a long way to go, that means other statues could not be ready for order until 2015...I think I have plenty of time to feed my wallet. Omg...2015

Looks really nice. Happy for you guys who collect this line. I think this is my favorite so far that I've seen from the line.

They always take a while to give an edition size now.

I have every other statue in the line and will get this but going to hold off ordering for now since there is no exclusive. Such a shame. I don't understand the choice behind this.

Well we didn't get one with the the Tupuxuara/pterosaur and the Euoplocephalus..and the Dilo pair was the same price for both, my guess is they are cutting costs and discovered it wasn't really needed. Going to be weird though for the collectors that have exclusives ..though it was probably already with the other pieces not having it.

Same here I might hold off a little. Since the thinking is the repaints will be between it. I really want that Styracosaurus.

The repaints might be..but then we've seen no official word on them yet either.

Where's the backstory? Am I just having trouble finding it on the new site design?

They seem to have officially cut the backstories now from everywhere. I'll miss those. Seems all that left was that bit in the description about how it's rising ot the surface.

Sure looks like SS did some cost cutting with the exclusives and back story element, all the while keeping the price at 300.00 . Then they issue repaints of past limited editions ( I know I'm horrible ) to make more money. Paint apps haven't been as good in a long while, we don't have the range of artists we used to working on it either. Good business I guess..but I'm seeing the lack of personal care and touch that went into this line disappear and it makes me grumpy.

I have yet to buy any pieces from this line, and didn't even know I liked Mosasaurs until I saw this statue. But dang, this is a great piece.

Back