Statue Sideshow Dinosauria Mosasaur Statue/Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the new paint apps! Way more detailed & sophisticated. Can't wait to see what they do for the T-Rex sculpt, (hoping BIG, BAD, DROOLING & SCARY!!!).

Love the new paint apps! Way more detailed & sophisticated. Can't wait to see what they do for the T-Rex sculpt, (hoping BIG, BAD, DROOLING & SCARY!!!).

The paint masters look good..but then we've seen how the factory translates those before. I'm not getting my hopes up til I see an actual production piece.

Not sure on the Rex's color..but it will be a LARGE sculpt or so I've been told. Maybe Stego size ? We have seen the sculpt so we know what it will look like mostly. I like the concept of a connecting base for it and the triceratops.

We had heard three pieces this year..so wonder if they meant the Mosa and two repaints ? The Stego is also supposed to get a repaint.

484868_786314878064766_390692541_n.jpg

The paint masters look good..but then we've seen how the factory translates those before. I'm not getting my hopes up til I see an actual production piece.

Not sure on the Rex's color..but it will be a LARGE sculpt or so I've been told. Maybe Stego size ? We have seen the sculpt so we know what it will look like mostly. I like the concept of a connecting base for it and the triceratops.

We had heard three pieces this year..so wonder if they meant the Mosa and two repaints ? The Stego is also supposed to get a repaint.

Agreed Blade. But at the very least SS has attempted to upgrade the paint apps/patterns, which is a good thing. Now the wait to see if the China workers can replicate those intentions. I figure/hope that if the factory paint apps are 75% accurate(?), we would still be ahead of the game, (barring any major screw-ups or really sloppy paint apps!).

Glad to hear that the Rex sculpt may possibly be in a larger scale, but how reliable are your sources Blade? And what scale are we talking about? As I already own the first rex SS releases (along with a few resin models), I'm holding off on other possible purchases waiting for this beast to release. Thanks man, & keep the faith.

Agreed Blade. But at the very least SS has attempted to upgrade the paint apps/patterns, which is a good thing. Now the wait to see if the China workers can replicate those intentions. I figure/hope that if the factory paint apps are 75% accurate(?), we would still be ahead of the game, (barring any major screw-ups or really sloppy paint apps!).

Glad to hear that the Rex sculpt may possibly be in a larger scale, but how reliable are your sources Blade? And what scale are we talking about? As I already own the first rex SS releases (along with a few resin models), I'm holding off on other possible purchases waiting for this beast to release. Thanks man, & keep the faith.

True I guess we'll wait and see. I know the paint apps on the masters are mostly done with washes and brushes and the factory mainly applies with airbrush from what I can tell.

I trust my sources pretty well. I can reveal who told me about the size. Joshua Ballze an artist who also set up the Jurassic Con event. He spoke with the Sideshow reps there and they told him it would be " massive " . The largest I would guess is 1:15 ? The current Rexes are around 1:20 .

True I guess we'll wait and see. I know the paint apps on the masters are mostly done with washes and brushes and the factory mainly applies with airbrush from what I can tell.

I trust my sources pretty well. I can reveal who told me about the size. Joshua Ballze an artist who also set up the Jurassic Con event. He spoke with the Sideshow reps there and they told him it would be " massive " . The largest I would guess is 1:15 ? The current Rexes are around 1:20 .

Any larger scale Rex news is music. Besides, we'll take what we can get right?:wink1: Would you know if all future sculpts for this line will be strictly done by Blanco, or are other sculptors getting into the mix? Love Blanco's work, but am still hoping Krentz comes back to the fold, or maybe Shane Foulkes, or Sean Cooper? Thanks Blade.

Any larger scale Rex news is music. Besides, we'll take what we can get right?:wink1: Would you know if all future sculpts for this line will be strictly done by Blanco, or are other sculptors getting into the mix? Love Blanco's work, but am still hoping Krentz comes back to the fold, or maybe Shane Foulkes, or Sean Cooper? Thanks Blade.

As of now I think is handling the line on his own. I do love Jorge's work but I also liked the diversity of different artists we had before. David is probably too busy to create any more larger scale pieces right now..he is doing 1:40 models though. Shane has said if they contacted him he would be happy to make something for the line. I have a feeling Sean would be the same way.

Here's some background on the Mosa's tail from Jorge if anyone else wanted to know :
I based my work on impressions of the paleontologist Zulma Gasparini, she's an expert on marine reptiles mostly from cretaceus period from Argentine. .The only reason I didn't make the little fluke in the tail is that I did not want it to be too similar to the tail of an ichthyosaur. I was trying to give my restauration the aspect of a varanid and I saw the special anatomy of his tails between the rest of lizards and completed the reconstruccion with the anatomy of the tail of sea snakes which is vertically flat like a rowing or flounder.

Back